Ranges in the NOK

I'm considering a retirement move to the NOK in the next 6-8 months and have started to look for a well run range with decent amenities. Salmon Arm F&G is one that has got my attention but I'm looking for local recommendations from GOC members. Where do you belong now? How do you feel about the facility and the Board of Directors? Any crowding issues outside of the usual 1 week to hunting season scramble lol? Neighbour issues? Do the members take care of the range i.e. clean up their targets and brass, don't shoot the crap out of the backstop supports?
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

What's the "NOK"? (North Korea?)

In this case, NOK = North Okanagan.

I am an Exec member of the Salmon Arm Fish and Game Club; highly recommend. We'll have about 850 members by the time hunting season prep kicks in.

It's usually more quiet than busy. We currently have a trap range, 2 pistol bays (3rd awaiting RCMP inspection), 300yd rifle range and a tactical range (available through reservation). The rules are not overbearing, and the orientation is simple. Members get up to $50 discount for volunteer hours ($10 / hour rate). The facility is well maintained, and membership is friendly. If you want to take a look around let me know.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    In this case, NOK = North Okanagan.

I am an Exec member of the Salmon Arm Fish and Game Club; highly recommend. We'll have about 850 members by the time hunting season prep kicks in.

It's usually more quiet than busy. We currently have a trap range, 2 pistol bays (3rd awaiting RCMP inspection), 300yd rifle range and a tactical range (available through reservation). The rules are not overbearing, and the orientation is simple. Members get up to $50 discount for volunteer hours ($10 / hour rate). The facility is well maintained, and membership is friendly. If you want to take a look around let me know.
    I may just do that as I'll be in Kamloops tomorrow and Blind Bay over the following weekend. By "tactical range" do you mean staggered shooting stations and/or configurable for events like 3 gun?
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

The TAC ranges are just open, and developing as we go. They are distinct in that you can shoot pistol, rifle and shotgun (3 gun anyone), and there isn't a specific firing line. Of course that comes with its own set of rules. LEOs do a lot of training there, hence the requirement to schedule.

I would recommend hitting the website (https://www.salmonarmfishandgameclub...016-executives) and get in touch with Neil for the best tour experience.

If you'd like to talk to me, you'll find my contact info there too. Pretty easy to guess. And no, I don't fetch coffee.

Also, weekend after next (July 6 & 7) we are holding an IPSC qualifier (our first, in fact) if you're interested in that kind of thing.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Salmon Arm is a good place with a decent range. I have never used that range but believe it is OK.

Vernon is also nice, more street people and druggies as we have a place that feeds them so they come. The range is good however the road can be a piece of work in the winter. Targets out to 400m.

There is a great 300 yard range near Westwold that belongs to the Monty Lake Outdoor club. Few members and 90% +++ of the time no one is using it. Up till a couple of years ago had a membership there and it was rare to have anyone else at the range when we used it. Get slightly busier like most ranges closer to hunting season.