Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck a Beer

Buck a Beer

On our way to the cottage last Friday for the long weekend, I stopped at the Liquor Store in Beardmore Ontario and I came across No Name Brand Beer for a buck a bottle (plus 10 cents deposit for each bottle) so I picked up a couple of six packs to give it a try.

I put the beer in the fridge when we got to camp. The next day my neighbor down the lake came over for a visit and we gave the No Name Buck a Beer a test drive.

It is darn good beer, nothing wrong with it at all. Reminds me of when we used to order glasses of draft on tap in local bars in the younger years. I even tested a few bottles sitting in my wood fired hot tub just to make sure it was up to par.

Funny when the Liberals are in power in Ontario the price of good beer goes up, when Conservative's are in power the price of good beer goes down, Thanks Doug Ford.

2. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By Northshore

Billythreefeathers (07-05-2019), DuhBoredShooter (07-05-2019), FALover (07-05-2019), IJ22 (07-02-2019), Neil Burke (07-03-2019), Rory McCanuck (07-02-2019)

Beer should not be regulated in price. Let the free market prevail.

4. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By JustBen

Billythreefeathers (07-05-2019), elliott264 (07-03-2019), FALover (07-05-2019), lone-wolf (07-02-2019), Neil Burke (07-03-2019), oilman28 (07-02-2019), Rory McCanuck (07-02-2019), shortandlong (07-03-2019), Swampdonkey (07-03-2019)

price never goes down here. just up and up and up on a weekly basis. a 6 pack of rock gut goes for a minimum of almost $13 now

i dont even want to know what domestic brand names go for
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Government controls the liquor here. They don't even try to hide it under a 'beer store' name.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

I've been looking for that beer for a while. Limited quantities & not available at all LCBOs. Trying to kill Ford's mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    On our way to the cottage last Friday for the long weekend, I stopped at the Liquor Store in Beardmore Ontario and I came across No Name Brand Beer for a buck a bottle (plus 10 cents deposit for each bottle) so I picked up a couple of six packs to give it a try.

I put the beer in the fridge when we got to camp. The next day my neighbor down the lake came over for a visit and we gave the No Name Buck a Beer a test drive.

It is darn good beer, nothing wrong with it at all. Reminds me of when we used to order glasses of draft on tap in local bars in the younger years. I even tested a few bottles sitting in my wood fired hot tub just to make sure it was up to par.

Funny when the Liberals are in power in Ontario the price of good beer goes up, when Conservative's are in power the price of good beer goes down, Thanks Doug Ford.

I really enjoy it. But the politics of slashing "sin" taxes when we're on the verge of bankruptcy is suicide.

They brew a single batch, so it's always really "fresh".
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

Screw the gov't, brew your own!

10. The Following User Liked This Post By wolver

Swampdonkey (07-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    I really enjoy it. But the politics of slashing "sin" taxes when we're on the verge of bankruptcy is suicide.

They brew a single batch, so it's always really "fresh".
    We need to stop splurging in government instead of taxing everything. Tax is not the answer. Accountability is.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By SwissArmyMan

Northshore (07-03-2019), shortandlong (07-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    Tax is not the answer. Accountability is.

No, beer is.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Dmay

elliott264 (07-03-2019), firemachine69 (07-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
    No, beer is.
    "alcohol, the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

16. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By elliott264

Codyg14 (07-05-2019), FALover (07-05-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast