Extraction/ejection problem with Savage Mk 2 heavy barrel

I've had this rifle for years and it's been a good shooter. I've put thousands of rounds throug it. In the last year it's gotten balky about extracting/ejecting. I put a new extractor, ejector and spring in it but got no improvement. I can't see any peening on the barrel face but i guess there could be some chamber face peening that I can't detect.

I'm stumped what to do next to try and fix this problem. Has anyone else ever run in to this problem? Any informed suggestions?

I had those problems on one when it was brand new. The extractor was a bit sticky in the slot. I stoned one side a bit until it was free. I wouldn't really expect that problem to develop with time.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Waterloomike (07-04-2019)

When was the last time it had a really good bath?
    Does it fail to extract or eject with all ammo? When you changed extractors did you change both of 'em? There's a left and a right plus an extractor spring clip.
    Bolt actions tend to not have many extracting/ejecting issues, but those are two different things to start with anyway.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

Rory McCanuck (07-04-2019)

Don't forget to clean the groove next to the bore that the extractor slides in after a round is chambered!
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.