Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATT for Selling

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    Just to add...
    the seller needs the ATT as the gun is no longer registered to him/her.
    Yes, the seller needs a STATT to go anywhere with it.
    The original post said to the post office, so I left it at that.
    But that would also include the seller taking it to the range for exchange -- which formerly was covered by the automatic ATT licence conditions -- no longer is covered because at the moment the transfer is approved, the previous registration certificate is revoked; so a STATT is required by the seller to go to the range.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    well I guess I broke the law,,, whatever it was/is/will be/ might be,,, phoned the CFO,, wrapped it up,, mailed it with a signature,,,
    CSSA

ATT enforcement, somewhat like Vancouver real estate money laundering enforcement, seems not to be.

In the case of ATT enforcement, I believe it's a case of no harm done and no notice taken, causes no charges to be laid.
    Dennis Young has done a variety of ATIP/FOI requests to the RCMP and a handful of large metropolitan and provincial police forces asking for how many charges have been laid re ATTs, and the answers thus far have been uniformly zero.

Which of course says a lot about the usefulness, real and police perceived, of the ATT.

The Ontario CFO said in a court of law that he never had refused an ATT because "if they have the right to ask for it, I have to grant it." The ATT is a rubber stamp, about as useful as the Governor General.

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Billythreefeathers (07-08-2019), IJ22 (07-09-2019), lone-wolf (07-08-2019)

They should start dinging every gangbanger with a restricted or a prohibited weapon with an ATT/ATC and unsafe transportation charges, just to up the charge count.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12