Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    One of the bullets he fired narrowly missed(you wouldn't know there was a ricochet if it wasn't close enough to hear.)
    Or, more likely, there was no ricochet at all and our idiotic laws allowed the entire incident to be blown up into something it wasn't.
    "The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

-- Frank Zappa

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Soph

Hidyn (07-19-2019), Waterloomike (07-19-2019)

In the late 80’s we had the MP’s show up at the range on a Sunday afternoon claiming they had calls from all over the base about richochets. Turns out that CE had spent the last two weeks putting up aluminum siding on buildings all over and the sound bouncing off the buildings sounded like rounds bouncing everywhere. Was kinda funny

Even funnier when you think of the “gun call” one MP with his model 10 .38 walks onto a field (out door range) with 4 guys holding FAL’s.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

I would think even if he pleads guilty that judge could throw it out. It's not a conviction until the judge says it is.

[non sequitor. Different guy, different place.]

New York man, Ronald A. Stolarczyk, charged with felony after shooting 2 in home invasion.
    Charged not for defending himself, but because the gun he used to do it was never registered by the state in his name. The gun was purchased legally and registered in his father's name, but since the gun he inherited wasn't registered in his name ...

by Colion Noir, June 23 2019, 4 minutes

Speaking of gophers. I have one that needs dispatching but don't know much about them. Sometimes i see him just hanging out in the sun. Do you bait them? And with what?

I'm sure an sks will do it? He's a fat bastard too
    DON'T STEAL! - The government hates competition

Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    Speaking of gophers. I have one that needs dispatching but don't know much about them. Sometimes i see him just hanging out in the sun. Do you bait them? And with what?
    No need for bait. They stand up near their holes and look around. They just stand there for an hour. The further they can see the better they like it, which means you can see them from further away. If you get close to them, they scurry down their hole. So I would shoot from over 100yards -- if they see me I'm too far away to care about. I pick a spot (backstop), lay down in the dirt, with rifle and scope, take my time and shoot. They just stood there, unconcerned. Sometimes they go back into their holes while I got setup, but I doubt it had anything to do with me.
    As near as I can tell, most people shoot gophers with small cartridges (22LR). I'm an outlier, having used 30-06 hollowpoints because that was the rifle I was most accurate with -- which turn them inside out and definitely kill them instantly. It's best to go out with a partner or two, so that if several are there you can get them all more-or-less simultaneously. I never missed a groundhog.
    Last step is to walk out to where they are, verify they're dead, and cleanup by using the convenient hole. For us, it wasn't the gophers that were the problem but rather the holes they dug broke the legs of horses and cattle, so we fill in the hole. Lifting a $2000 dead cow into the back of a pickup truck, and then dragging the stuck pickup truck out of a field with a tractor, was a common imputus for gopher removal.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Rory McCanuck (07-26-2019), tdod101 (07-25-2019)

On the acreage in AZ we shoot them with pellet rifle from 10 to 20 yards
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

A little more googling reveals that i have a ground hog not a gopher. And the following on outdoor.ca reads exactly the habitat it dug its hole around:

Groundhogs are somewhat vulnerable animals because their short legs don’t provide the speed needed to outrun predators. As a result, they dig their burrows close to reliable food sources. I find most groundhog holes in hayfields, usually along fencelines, but sometimes on nearby hills or even in the centre of a field.

Also can you eat them?

Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    Also can you eat them?
    I never have, but I imagine you can. People eat squirrel and pack rats all the time. Can they be that much different?
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12