Can someone explain this to me?

67120252_462374691221598_5565046669399031808_n.jpg

Why would anyone use something like this? Seems like a good way to wreck a rod?

People too lazy to break a rod down. Either they hate tying knots or they can't properly tie... this is more for the drive to each honey hole on the stream than walk and wade. I saw a lot of this when I used to fish the Crowsnest and Castle rivers hard.

Wait that's for driving with and not just to hold while taking a break?
    Remember High River!

If it worked and didnt blow off in the wind, I'd use it. (On the passenger side)
    I have a lot less issues with damaged rods now that I never break them down. I stand them vertical and clamp them to my headache rack, or boat rack in the back of the truck.
    When I broke them down, something was always falling on them, or a family member would stack something on them.

I assume drache's puzzlement is from having them in front of the windshield. I think you'd hardly notice they're there. Probably an officer who was feeling especially dickish would still give you a ticket for it though.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

I have a freind who has picked up a couple of those. With rods in them along the freeway.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    If it worked and didnt blow off in the wind, I'd use it. (On the passenger side)
    I have a lot less issues with damaged rods now that I never break them down. I stand them vertical and clamp them to my headache rack, or boat rack in the back of the truck.
    When I broke them down, something was always falling on them, or a family member would stack something on them.

I assume drache's puzzlement is from having them in front of the windshield. I think you'd hardly notice they're there. Probably an officer who was feeling especially dickish would still give you a ticket for it though.
    Buy some rod tubes. And I an not talking condoms. They are great. All my fly rods have them. They take a good hit. And the rod is safe.

IMAG0833.jpg

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !