Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Had my old SKS out today at our "military guns day" I haven't done much more with it before than chase cans around the pasture. I was surprised at the steel targets I was hitting at 150 yards, even with the iron sights which I rarely shoot anymore on a rifle. Just a pain in the butt now to strip it down and clean but tis needed. The old girl was a blast to shoot and a guy was showing me a Mag Wedge peep sight that replaces the factory sight. I will be looking into this.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By road kill

Lee Enfield (08-11-2019), Stew (08-11-2019)

How does one say "pew, pew, pew" in Russian?
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    How does one say "pew, pew, pew" in Russian?
    тыщ тыщ тыщ

tyshch tyshch tyshch

5. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Stew

Camo tung (08-12-2019), Candychikita (08-12-2019), Lee Enfield (08-16-2019), SwissArmyMan (08-15-2019), Turtlehead (08-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    The only reason the sks is cheap is not because of quality but because of the quantity that has flooded the market. If you were to build the exact gun now there is no way you can do that at $200.

You cannot compare a gun that was built in the 50s to a modern military rifle. In the 50s that gun would be cutting edge.

The sks might be heavy, but you can bash skulls with that gun butt. My wife recently asked me if I can hit anyone with the stock of my AR15. I told her you might break it if you were to hit me with it.

I don't care if people hate the sks because I want them to keep bashing it so it can be cheaper. I want to get another one.

If I were you, I would go to great lengths to not upset your wife. Especially now that you told her what to hit you with.

By the way, can you tell her I think is just a great person? Thanks.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    If I were you, I would go to great lengths to not upset your wife. Especially now that you told her what to hit you with.

By the way, can you tell her I think is just a great person? Thanks.
    She recently asked my what my combo for my safe is, she's starting to freak me out. I told her she need a license to handle any of those things without proper supervision. Told her if anything were to go wrong, she can be arrested.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By SwissArmyMan

Swingerguy (08-16-2019)

A couple of us tried loading the mags on our sks's the same as Jerry does in his video, mine won't close on 5. Can only load 4 from the bottom but using the stripper clips 5 is no problem. The other fellow was having some issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    A couple of us tried loading the mags on our sks's the same as Jerry does in his video, mine won't close on 5. Can only load 4 from the bottom but using the stripper clips 5 is no problem. The other fellow was having some issues as well.
    You have to make sure the first one rolls to the correct side.
    But as with everything Jerry does, he makes it look a lot easier than it is.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

his magazine also holds 10 and he loads 6

I was thinking that lump welded into the bottom of the mag may have had something to do with the issue we had. Mine has the lump in the middle, if it was to one side it may have worked better. Stripper clips are faster anyway.

Lower mainland on Sunday and home today.

Stayed with a friend and we went to his favourite Chinese restaurant. Told me the owner was a shooter so he asked Danny to come to our table for a few minutes.

He is a handgun shooter and competed all over Canada and the US for years.

Got talking about SHTF guns and he said his handgun would be a Glock 9mm. Likes the fact they rarely if ever fail so it can't be beat. I said for me a rifle would be a SKS and he said absolutely as again tough and very reliable. He remembers the first one he bought at Lever Arms, cost him $250.00 and it included a case of 1120 corrosive ammo.

Just another intelligent and experienced shooter who knows just how capable the SKS is> Go figure.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast