Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Jerry Miculek on the SKS>

Just found this again, long time since I last watched it.

He sure shows just how good these rifles will work. Of course there are haters....the unwashed.

Entertaining and worth the time to view.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Lee Enfield

DuhBoredShooter (08-04-2019), Turtlehead (07-31-2019)

"...how good these rifles will work..." Working reliably and accuracy are not the same thing. The SKS is a stop gap carbine designed to be issued to illiterate conscripts who could be trained to use 'em as quickly as possible. Just like the AK-47. The sights are lousy and so are the triggers. They do tend to go bang every time, but accurate they ain't. ANY M1 Carbine will shoot circles around an SKS.
    Jerry is in the business of making videos. He is a very good and classy guy though. He lost a man on man to a buddy of mine years ago at Second Chance. He had his hand out in congratulations before my buddy realized he had won.
    And being insulting is not the way to get people who know far more than you to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    ANY M1 Carbine will shoot circles around an SKS.
    but which is the better spear? actually, i bet the M1 would win that
    Since writing on bathroom stalls is done neither for wealth nor critical acclaim it is the purest form of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlehead View Post
    but which is the better spear? actually, i bet the M1 would win that
    Garbage rod is best spear.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Turtlehead (07-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Garbage rod is best spear.
    especially when you stick the pointy thing on

"...how good these rifles will work..." Working reliably and accuracy are not the same thing. The SKS is a stop gap carbine designed to be issued to illiterate conscripts who could be trained to use 'em as quickly as possible. Just like the AK-47. The sights are lousy and so are the triggers. They do tend to go bang every time, but accurate they ain't. ANY M1 Carbine will shoot circles around an SKS.
    Jerry is in the business of making videos. He is a very good and classy guy though. He lost a man on man to a buddy of mine years ago at Second Chance. He had his hand out in congratulations before my buddy realized he had won.
    And being insulting is not the way to get people who know far more than you to agree with you.
    Both were designed to throw lead at a enemy with the hope of hitting something or someone. At 300 the "39" bullet has far more hitting power and probably just as accurate as the carbine. At 100 yards the carbine is probably more accurate overall however the SKS overall is pretty fool proof.

The carbine is really only effective to 200 yards and at 100 will group in the 3 to 5 inch range, any decent SKS is capable of doing the same thing.

Your friend beat him once 9 years ago, please provide his name as I would like to see how he compares to Miculek who is considered to be the best speed shooter in the world. Please google "best speed shooter in the world" and let me know if your friends name comes up. It is interesting he beat him ONCE and we all know every dog has its day. Considering Miculek used commie surplus ammo he proved the SKS is a good gun. He is more than just fast.

You don't agree and good for you. Have shot both and if push came to shove would take a SKS over a carbine every time. Have shot over 6,000 round in one of my SKS rifles so who knows if you really have more knowledge, possibly?

Jerry Miculek likes it, thinks it's accurate, Hickok45 likes it, thinks it's accurate, I like mine, would take it over any Ruger Mini 14 I've shot (4 or 5)

edit: The way i see it, no one likes the sights, difference, they can make them work, haters can't

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

Lee Enfield (07-31-2019)

Did a quick search for an m1 carbine, US site, $599.00 to $3450.00 US, so $900.00 Can. and up, my SKS was $389.00 with 1440 rounds of ammo, I know which one I'd choose.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Greglc

Lee Enfield (07-31-2019), Turtlehead (07-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    Did a quick search for an m1 carbine, US site, $599.00 to $3450.00 US, so $900.00 Can. and up, my SKS was $389.00 with 1440 rounds of ammo, I know which one I'd choose.
    You got a excellent deal on yours!

The best price I ever got all in was $200.00 for the gun and $168.00 for the ammo and that was a few years ago.

M1 carbine was given to US conscripts. It sounds like you don't actually shoot much, or much past 50 yards if you actually shoot.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By WSA

Lee Enfield (07-31-2019), Stew (07-31-2019)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast