Marlin 1895 410 model is coming back

Watching guns & ammo today, and they were showing a marlin 1895, at the end of the segment, the marlin rep mentioned that the 1895 will be coming out with a 410 version later this year.
    Now this isn't new for marlin, but they've been out of production for a bit, and he said one model will be cyl bore and they will also have a choke tube ready model.
    Don't get too excited, still only taking 2.5" shells like the henry does.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

2. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Rory McCanuck (01-16-2020)

I’d love to see someone make one of these in .410/45 Colt like the old H&R Snake Tamer or whatever they called it. Maybe there’s be cycling issues with two different case lengths....but it’d be cool. The Tamer had interchangeable chokes IIRC, you were supposed to use the rifled one with the Colt round.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Nice!
    The length of the Marlin action won't allow for anything longer, but even 2 1/2" would be a barrel of fun.
    Perfect for a stroll through the bush.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Might as well take the opportunity to show off the henry. Points nice, well made, but I need a special mag tube that's limited to 2rds before I can take it out for grouse.

20200116_145928.jpg
    20200116_145933.jpg

Aptet aut mori

Could you put a pin through the "follower"tube? (I dont know what you'd call that part) or even a dimple? So you couldn't close the mag with more than 2 in there?
    Growing up we had a cooey 22 repeater with a damaged follower (or whatever that brass piece is called) and you couldn't load the tube completely full.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Might as well take the opportunity to show off the henry. Points nice, well made, but I need a special mag tube that's limited to 2rds before I can take it out for grouse.
    20200116_145928.jpg

Those restricted magazine tubes from Henry are bloody expensive in Canada. Henry won't ship direct to Canada (I tried, but they said they did not have the ITAR permit) so I ordered 2 through Dan at Rat River Outddors. Damn things came in at about $70 each if I recall correctly. Oh, and they include an adapter that reverts it back to 5 rounds.

The Marlin with a side loading gate would be interesting. I'd still sell my youngest for a Winchester 9410 in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by GTW; 01-16-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

$42 from tenda, it's really what should of came with the shotgun.
    https://www.gotenda.com/shop/accesso...magazine-tube/

You could almost certainly just drill and put a rivet in the stock mag tube. It might need to be file near flush to go back in the mag tube tube(the tube that's part of the gun itself)
    The design of it makes it so you can't put a dowel in it like traditional pump/semi shotguns.

Aptet aut mori

You're right. I checked my bill, and saw I paid $50 each back in the summer. Still would sell the youngest for a 9410. Can always make another youngest, but 9410 Traditionals are like hen's teeth.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By GTW

lone-wolf (01-16-2020), Rory McCanuck (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I’d love to see someone make one of these in .410/45 Colt like the old H&R Snake Tamer or whatever they called it. Maybe there’s be cycling issues with two different case lengths....but it’d be cool. The Tamer had interchangeable chokes IIRC, you were supposed to use the rifled one with the Colt round.
    It was called the H&R Survivor 410 45 colt. They are great and handy little carbines, I have one of the all hard nickel plated ones, including the bore, it looks a lot like brushed stainless steel. I use .30-40 cases blown out by case forming to load .45 bullets to get them closer to the rifling in the long freebore from the 3" 410 chamber for much better accuracy and more power and velocity over using reg .45 Colt ammo. They have a fully rifled 20" barrel in .45 cal and use special chokes for 410 shotgun shells to cancel out the spin from the rifling and tighten up the pattern from the larger .45 cal bore. I get about the same power and performance as from a low power or trapdoor .45-70 load but from a light and handy red dot sighted short carbine.

They also made them in just .223 and .308 Win and the butt opens to store extra ammo, emergency survival stuff or cleaning gear.

https://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shot...vivor.asp.html

3aa4d1fd11199f308847c56983d5681b.jpg

23356315_2.jpg

wm_8620543.jpg
    Last edited by M1917 Enfield; 01-16-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

12. The Following User Liked This Post By M1917 Enfield

lone-wolf (01-16-2020)