Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ FireSale?

CZ FireSale?

Is it just me or does it seem like every store is having a massive CZ sale?

It looks like they're clearing their inventory... Is CZ getting out of Canada?

What do you think?
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Well alot of businesses when they have a sale, it excludes CZ.

Probably everybody wants PRR. And older stock isn't selling.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

CZ could be running a promotion? I’ve seen some stuff on sale, but it seems like similar pricing across the board. That says to me that marketing is probably involved.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

MarkR (08-14-2019)

If CZ is ditching Canada, like the old 452s, holding onto them to sell into the future would turn more profit than to ditch them now and on sale.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

chrisc (08-14-2019), firemachine69 (08-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like every store is having a massive CZ sale?

It looks like they're clearing their inventory... Is CZ getting out of Canada?

What do you think?
    Some of the big retailers (Cabela's/BassPS) are unloading their inventory of handguns and AR's coming into the next election. They do not want to get stuck with a bunch of inventory that is newly classified as prohibited. The Cabela's in my area typically had 50+ pistols on display, it now has less than a dozen.

It's possible that CZ is following a similar path and dumping stock for the time being.
    "The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

-- Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Soph View Post
    Some of the big retailers (Cabela's/BassPS) are unloading their inventory of handguns and AR's coming into the next election. They do not want to get stuck with a bunch of inventory that is newly classified as prohibited.
    I'm not sure why they would even care...IF their handgun and AR inventory did become prohib in Canada all they have to do is send them back to one of their MANY other stores in the US and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I'm not sure why they would even care...IF their handgun and AR inventory did become prohib in Canada all they have to do is send them back to one of their MANY other stores in the US and sell them.
    I don't really know what the deal is, but CZ-USA seems to operate almost like a separate entity from CZUB. Also the distributors likely purchase their inventory from CZ, I don't believe CZ has a direct presence in Canada. They may be able to return them but would likely take a hit on restocking fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I don't believe it is that easy. I'm pretty sure Cabela's is just a retailer and doesn't hold the proper licensing to import/export firearms.
    "The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

-- Frank Zappa

Or, you know.... they could just be having a sale.

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Anomaly

awndray (08-15-2019), lone-wolf (08-14-2019), Petamocto (08-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    CZ could be running a promotion? I’ve seen some stuff on sale, but it seems like similar pricing across the board. That says to me that marketing is probably involved.
    What he said. Lots of changes to their .22 line up; higher price point. Good way to get the market rolling; more guns in happy owners hand = more guns in more happy owners hands. Good marketing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast