Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: CZ FireSale?

  1. #1
    Senior Member linung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Over there ->
    Posts
    1,881

    CZ FireSale?

    Is it just me or does it seem like every store is having a massive CZ sale?

    It looks like they're clearing their inventory... Is CZ getting out of Canada?

    What do you think?
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH



    More Shooting! Less Posting!

  2. #2
    Senior Member RobertMcC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia.
    Posts
    4,824
    Well alot of businesses when they have a sale, it excludes CZ.

    Probably everybody wants PRR. And older stock isn't selling.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

  3. #3
    Moderator kennymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    11,495
    CZ could be running a promotion? I’ve seen some stuff on sale, but it seems like similar pricing across the board. That says to me that marketing is probably involved.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

  4. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

    MarkR (08-14-2019)

  5. #4
    Go Canucks Go! lone-wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Isle Saint-Jean
    Posts
    13,607
    If CZ is ditching Canada, like the old 452s, holding onto them to sell into the future would turn more profit than to ditch them now and on sale.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

    Aptet aut mori

  6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

    chrisc (08-14-2019), firemachine69 (08-15-2019)

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like every store is having a massive CZ sale?

    It looks like they're clearing their inventory... Is CZ getting out of Canada?

    What do you think?
    Some of the big retailers (Cabela's/BassPS) are unloading their inventory of handguns and AR's coming into the next election. They do not want to get stuck with a bunch of inventory that is newly classified as prohibited. The Cabela's in my area typically had 50+ pistols on display, it now has less than a dozen.

    It's possible that CZ is following a similar path and dumping stock for the time being.
    "The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

    -- Frank Zappa

  8. #6
    Canadian ForcesMember Grizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Soph View Post
    Some of the big retailers (Cabela's/BassPS) are unloading their inventory of handguns and AR's coming into the next election. They do not want to get stuck with a bunch of inventory that is newly classified as prohibited.
    I'm not sure why they would even care...IF their handgun and AR inventory did become prohib in Canada all they have to do is send them back to one of their MANY other stores in the US and sell them.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I'm not sure why they would even care...IF their handgun and AR inventory did become prohib in Canada all they have to do is send them back to one of their MANY other stores in the US and sell them.
    I don't really know what the deal is, but CZ-USA seems to operate almost like a separate entity from CZUB. Also the distributors likely purchase their inventory from CZ, I don't believe CZ has a direct presence in Canada. They may be able to return them but would likely take a hit on restocking fees.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I'm not sure why they would even care...IF their handgun and AR inventory did become prohib in Canada all they have to do is send them back to one of their MANY other stores in the US and sell them.
    I don't believe it is that easy. I'm pretty sure Cabela's is just a retailer and doesn't hold the proper licensing to import/export firearms.
    "The most important thing you can do in your life is not interfere with somebody else's life."

    -- Frank Zappa

  11. #9
    Junior Member Anomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    9
    Or, you know.... they could just be having a sale.

  12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Anomaly

    awndray (08-15-2019), lone-wolf (08-14-2019), Petamocto (08-15-2019)

  13. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    CZ could be running a promotion? I’ve seen some stuff on sale, but it seems like similar pricing across the board. That says to me that marketing is probably involved.
    What he said. Lots of changes to their .22 line up; higher price point. Good way to get the market rolling; more guns in happy owners hand = more guns in more happy owners hands. Good marketing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •