Is this worth even taking to a tire shop?

Looks like a little roofing nail or something.
    No big deal.
    IMG_20190813_203954_01_01.jpg

Well, it's a little bigger than that
    20190813_205439.jpg
    20190813_205449.jpg

What's the weirdest thing you've ever had in your tire?
    My local tire shop has a fish bowl on the counter with hardware out of tires. Nails, screws, antlers, railway spikes.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

don't think you will be able to re-thread it, it's hooped
    tire on the other hand can be patched and plugged

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By srdiver

Dewey Cox (08-13-2019), firemachine69 (08-14-2019)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    I had just had some new biased ply tires installed on my '73 Chev Belair and was driving home from the shop. There was some Bell techs working on something and I ran over their 100' tape stretched across the road. Damned thing was held in place by a large #2 Robertson screwdriver that managed to pull out of the asphalt, line itself up perfectly and plunge right through my new tire. They paid for a new one and the road hazard warrantee got me a new spare as well.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

I used to run a service truck for a tire shop and went to fix a tractor tire on a 4wheel drive farm tractor, I removed a tire hammer that the previous guy left in it. The farmer said he had that set of tires installed 2 years earlier so it took that long for the friction to wear through the tube.
    I also saw an animal bone puncture a tire.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

I disagree, a few judicious smacks with a hammer to straighten it, a bit of work with a thread file and chaser, I think we can rebuild him.
    A trip to the hardware store would probably be easier though.

I have plugged a lot of tires, two on my car in the last two weeks. (I think I must have displeased someone)
    You might be able to plug it doing the ol' fold 'er in half so you hit both sides trick.
    Fold the plug in half and then push it through so you have 4 pieces going through the tire.
    I guarantee you will say bad words trying to get both of them through, but a couple minutes of blue language might be worth the effort.
    I won't quarantee that it will hold air though, I've probably had about a 50% success rate doubling it up.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

This would fix it up if it didn’t damage the steel belting too bad.
    447F1951-B680-46BB-A2A2-1B5C97D999DE.jpg

You might need a bigger size though
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I had a customer come in one time with a 1" diameter stick rammed right through the center of the tread. Must have hit it perfectly to get it through the belt. Had another one come in with a railway spike in a tire. Myself...boring old nails over the years but thats it.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

My buddy had a log dog ruin one of his tires. They are an eyelet with a spike on the end. They a pounded into the end of a log. So tug boats can tow the logs. Must of fell off of a logging truck.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

I have had a t bone the dog had hidden in a dirt pile I was moving go through the rear tractor tire and the wife had a rat tail file (no handle) wreck a tire.

My girlfriend got a key stuck right into the sidewall where it meets the tread. Must have been sticking up just the right way, stuck in a crack in the gutter.
    Ruined a new snow tire.