Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yep, I'm a regular. They have good prices. The sucky part is that their sale price is usually their regular price. It's cheaper then most other places so most times it's just easier to stop there. no hassle.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

As with all things, if you can try actually handling them first that would be the better. Even better still is actually being able to shoot one. (But that's in an ideal world and not always a possibility.)

Glocks are pretty good and people like them, never really heard anything overly bad about them (they're like the honda civic of guns... nothing fancy, will get you where you need to go and "everyone" has one). A lot of people like the M&P M2.0 series for how it grips the hand (some aren't fond of the hinge trigger but I think it's fine). Others like the Walther PPQ (which apparently has a good trigger right out of the box). With most of them you can change sights out and put on tritium sights or a red dot put on. That may be something to consider if you need to combat eye issues. Some do come with red dots already installed but be prepared to pay a bit more for them.

I've heard almost universally good things about the CZ Shadow line so that might be worth looking into too. Though I don't know much about them (never shot one myself).

I'm extremely pleased with my CZ SP01 Shadow, but maybe not the best entry level price, a previously enjoyed M&P might be another candidate

In 9mm I’ve tried many, bought several, sold several, and know what I like.

CZ Shadow. Doesn’t matter which - Shadows have the better Trigger over the lesser models of CZ

I assume you’re at that point in life where the vulgar dollar isn’t your primary deciding motivator, so I’d skip norinco. They’re ok, but crude. Been there, done it, grew out of it, won’t own another.

Likewise, get behind someone else’s Glock before you buy. They’ve an ugly trigger (though not the worst out there) and the ergonomics of a 2x4. I owned 2 and sold both.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I'm not fond of how the Glocks feel in my hand, I do like the CZ Shadow, both how it feels and how it shoots, it has a better trigger than on my M&P 9. I really like how my M&P feels in my hand and how it points and as such I shoot it quite well.
    I would parrot the others suggestion to try and find a range that rents pistols and try before you buy.
    Good luck, and try to have fun with the process. If you end up with a gun that you are not enjoying, sell it and try again.
    No harm, No foul.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Another gun that fitted my hand well, was the Grand Power. K100.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

I'm a newbie too and just bought my first pistol today. Went for a Girsan MC28. Tenda has them on sale for $280! I figured at that price I can't really go wrong.

I had a Girsan Regard once. Well built. I only sent it along because I like the Beretta 92 looks more than I like how poorly I shoot one.

Or something like that, but more witty...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I prefer steel over polymer, if I had to carry one all day then it would be the other way. Guess it's an old guy thing, I have some poly stocked rifles as well but walnut rules. My favorite pistol is the 1911, smaller hands like the single stack mags and thinner grip style, but don't discount revolvers, my Dan Wesson is very accurate.

I was initially wanting/thinking steel and do want a 1911 at some point. But as a start, the price was a no-brainer. $280 brand new with some supplies and 2 magazines. Bought an extra magazine and all in with shipping it came to about $315. Can spend the extra money on ammo and get out to the range more.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By RK99

Swingerguy (08-17-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12