Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    You know....one of the things I love most about canons ? The earth shaking, feel it from your head to to your toes, KABOOOOOMMMM !!!!!! Just thought Id throw that out there.
    this springs to mind

booma.jpg

Fram suppressors are not very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    You know....one of the things I love most about canons ? The earth shaking, feel it from your head to to your toes, KABOOOOOMMMM !!!!!! Just thought Id throw that out there.
    Yep, that is AWSOME! My favourite was a blackpowder cannon lighting off 1.5 lbs of 1F with every shot. Blackpowder produces the best BANG ... or more correctly BOOOOMMMMMMMM of all.
    Last edited by Suputin; 08-16-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    95 Db hurts. ANY gun shot indoors will give you permanent hearing damage with one shot.
    You are conflating impulse noise with constant noise. Impulse noises are very short duration ... for a gunshot, in the region of 100-150 microseconds, for a suppressed gunshot in the region of 30-50 microseconds.

The limit for hearing damage for impulse noise is 140 dB. Thus a 22 rimfire bolt action rifle is perfectly safe (hearing wise) to fire indoors without hearing protection.

Sticking to the MIL Std for how gunshot noise is measured, it is impossible to go below about 108 dB which is the level of the firing pin drop of a 22 rimfire rifle. The idea that 95 dB impulse would hurt or even harm your hearing is simply incorrect.

Subsonic suppressed shots are mostly safe to fire indoors without hearing protection, which I have done numerous times in the name of science. And no, I am not deaf, nor suffering from any permanent hearing damage as a result.

There is a caveat to all of the above but that is slightly beyond the scope of this conversation.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Suputin

Stew (08-17-2019)

Even suppressed airguns are now even that quiet. Not Hollywood quiet.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12