Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    They were sending me money to import guns for them. They didn't know it was illegal to import a gun for someone else if they pay you in advance or obviously they wouldn't have sent the money.

The only person in the transaction that knew it was illegal was J.R. from TSE, but he didn't want to tell me that because he stood to make a huge score on the guns if they made it across the border with me.
    So this the second major gun event I know of involving TSE JR to some extent. Can you elaborate on his involvement? And can people say how many more “bad moon” events TSE has?

I know the Swiss Arms fiasco rapidly degenerates into he/he/he/he saids, but murky nonetheless. Sounds like this might be easier to communicate without involving too many moving parts.

Jamie, I hope you refunded all the money, from those who gave you money for guns, they did not receive?
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

it wasn’t my fault! Feel sorry for me!
    -Jamie M.
    Cool story bro.

Just to doublecheck my recollection I’ve been reading up on actual posts and messages from 12 years ago on CGS where I believe you did most of the sales. Suffice it to say they haven’t done anything to change my opinion.

I will note with a little amusement that you said you “didn’t do anything you thought was illegal” yet also admitted to bringing unpinned mags in the same post... I appreciate you disassembled them. That’s not pinned. I’m not even sure they were disassembled since I see at the time the police said they found the magazines in a box.

It also appears you sold magazines you were give with the rifles without telling people they were included, same with ammo.

In any case I’m not interested in retrying old cases. But it’s a bit rich you would think that rather than laying low your big reveal should be giving people legal advice?

I don’t know if JR is on here, I’m sure he’d appreciate the suggestion he let someone take the fall though. But right, it wasn’t your fault.
    'Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.'

'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.'

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Jamie, I hope you refunded all the money, from those who gave you money for guns, they did not receive?
    I believe all the firearms were destroyed and no one received any money back... nice to see hes bought a ton of expensive guns since he got his pal back.
    'Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.'

And one final note, to get back on topic.

Among the helpful tools the Controlled Goods Directorate provides is a search tool for authorized individuals. You should know this, since anyone registered with the CGD is responsible for verifying the registration of anyone they allow to examine or possess controlled items, or to who they are transferring controlled goods.

You can find it here:

http://iss-ssi.pwgsc-tpsgc.gc.ca/dmc...ng.asp?alpha=j

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    So this the second major gun event I know of involving TSE JR to some extent. Can you elaborate on his involvement?
    He called me up "bro, I see you're selling a PS90, if you can get more I'd like to purchase a few, can mail a cheque on Monday, let me know when they clear customs". That was about the extent of it. I found out during my court case that TSE had unsuccessfully applied for commercial export permits for the PS90's (they were classed as a WoW, weapon of war, only personally exportable, not commercial). I had brought in six PS90's and eight FS2000's at that point (kept one of each for myself, sold the rest). I was the second civilian in Canada to own the PS90 and the very first to own the FS2000. Everything went buttery smooth with those imports so I figured putting in a big order for TSE would be no different.

That was up to the courts to decide, they held all the money, not me, they decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMeNTED View Post
    I believe all the firearms were destroyed and no one received any money back... nice to see he’s bought a ton of expensive guns since he got his pal back.
    My lawyer got the RCMP/CBSA to agree to return the shipment of PS90's to the supplier at which point we could facilitate refunds. When the judge found out about the deal to return them or refund me she got pretty pissed and ordered them destroyed. I was charged with proceeds of crime, they took my house, vehicle, computers, servers, bank accounts, etc. to provide restitution but when the judge went over the statements (not sure if she was talking RCMP or statements of the people that ordered the guns) she said because they asked me to perform the illegal acts on their behalf for something they had the power and ability to legally do themselves, no restitution would be paid. I guess they just kept the money/property for themselves.

I will note with a little amusement that you said you “didn’t do anything you thought was illegal” yet also admitted to bringing unpinned mags in the same post... I appreciate you disassembled them. That’s not pinned. I’m not even sure they were disassembled since I see at the time the police said they found the magazines in a box.
    I was bringing in just the mag bodies, same as I had done time and time again, always inspected by CBSA, zero issues. BGS was bringing in the followers, springs and base plates. When they seized the PS90's they combined the two shipments into assembled magazines, loaded up 50 rounds then took a photo for the media/judge and said "yep, that's just how we found em!" then charged me with 50 x possession of prohibited device. Unassembled magazines that can hold ZERO rounds were not prohibited devices, even if CBSA prohibits their commercial import (they didn't seem to have an issue with personal imports). In order to make the import extra smooth I asked BGC to pin the magazines before they arrived at customs but BGC thought they were 10 round magazines they were pinning to 5 rounds, but when they arrived with 50 round magazines (illegal in new york) they said they weren't allowed to modify the magazines as they were certified for "export only" so the best I could do was disassemble them and ship them in separate boxes/shipments.

It also appears you sold magazines you were give with the rifles without telling people they were included, same with ammo.
    The guns don't come with any ammo of course (which was unobtainium at the time) and the magazines were impossible to obtain as well so I encouraged everyone to purchase at least one extra magazine with each gun and as much ammo as their credit card could afford. I wasn't aware of the limit on personal importation of ammo so my 50,000 rounds didn't fly too well when I showed up with it at customs. If it wasn't clear that they came with one magazine that's my fault, but I for sure never charged anyone for the magazine it came with and always included it with every gun I sold.

In any case I’m not interested in retrying old cases. But it’s a bit rich you would think that rather than laying low your big reveal should be giving people legal advice?
    Laying low? You're a year late to the coming out party, lol. I hopefully know more now than I did then, so am sharing the knowledge.

I don’t know if JR is on here, I’m sure he’d appreciate the suggestion he let someone take the fall though. But right, it wasn’t your fault.
    Who said it wasn't my fault? lol. I didn't know the law, I broke it. How can that be anyone else's fault? If someone asks you to break the law it's not their fault, it's yours (if you go through with it). Sorry if my post sounded like I was blaming everyone but me, I just took issue with some of your statements.

Among the helpful tools the Controlled Goods Directorate provides is a search tool for authorized individuals. You should know this, since anyone registered with the CGD is responsible for verifying the registration of anyone they allow to examine or possess controlled items, or to who they are transferring controlled goods.

You can find it here:

http://iss-ssi.pwgsc-tpsgc.gc.ca/dmc...ng.asp?alpha=j
    From that website: "Some registrants have asked not to be listed. If a company does not come up in the search result, you should contact the company directly for further verification.". Just because an individual or company is not on that list doesn't mean they aren't registered!

That's why in my guide I said put "i consent" to them publishing your name, if you want to purchase future controlled goods, makes it easy if you're on "the list"

Happy launching peeps!

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 09-10-2019 at 09:34 PM.

You have an excuse for everything, then again I'm sure if I had 10 years to work on a story I'd concoct a good one too.

Whats your certificate #?

You have an excuse for everything, then again I'm sure if I had 10 years to work on a story I'd concoct a good one too.
    I'm not worried bro, I got boxes and boxes of court documents to back everything up

Whats your certificate #?
    For the CGD? ...
    ...I've been through the CDG application process twice (12 years ago, and a month ago as well)...
    Quote Originally Posted by RCMP
    Processing times: ...if there is a possible match to a criminal record: 120 business days
    None of this clean record 3 day approval stuff like the first time I applied

-Jamie M.

As I see it. Your no expert. Nor one to give advice. So nobody got their money back? Yet your hear going on looky at my toys? I didn't know the story, And WOW. I'd be embarrassed.

As for the mag bodies. I just got my wrist slapped by a firearm lawyer because I was in possession of mag bodies for a M1 carbine. Not pinned.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

As I see it. Your no expert. Nor one to give advice.
    There are no experts for signing up for the CGD as an individual. Some information is better than none.

So nobody got their money back? Yet your hear going on looky at my toys? I didn't know the story, And WOW. I'd be embarrassed.
    As far as I know nobody did (communication ban and all), at least J.R. from TSE didn't (that's what was talked about most during the court case, the judge didn't seem too concerned about the "small amounts" of money that individuals paid). Once the judge found out that TSE had previously been denied for an export permit they put the kibosh on any funds returning their direction, trying to skirt the rules and all. It was a lifetime ago, you can't feel bad about it forever. Mistakes were made, time to move on.

As for the mag bodies. I just got my wrist slapped by a firearm lawyer because I was in possession of mag bodies for a M1 carbine. Not pinned.
    Mag bodies weren't such a hot topic 12 years ago but the climate has certainly shifted.

-Jamie M.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast