Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    last I checked target was still taking people.
    Yup, but he wants to buy a non-restricted. No much worth doing at Target (Calibre gun club) with a non-restricted.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

2. The Following User Liked This Post By TJSpeller

Newbie2019 (09-01-2019)

don't know but,i've got a close to brand new winchester SX3 wood stock for 600$.if you take your time and look for a scorching deal you might fall on one eventually. not saying the maverick is any bad,just underlining that sometimes you can get more for less.the SX3 is to me the best gauge for the price.i know it's a semi,but semis are quite reliable these days. the SX3 is 100% versatile,great trap gun,probably a little heavy for hunting while walking the bush (i don't find it overly heavy), barrel is interchangeable if ever you want to go deer hunting (wich i do). my point with this long post being that the use market is filled with great deals,and .......the SX3 is a great semi gauge LOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H® on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

4. The Following User Liked This Post By glockfan

Newbie2019 (09-01-2019)

RobertMcC
    Isnt there a Mossberg 500 that comes with both barrel. May be a better choice.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Newbie2019 (09-01-2019)

Kennymo was spot on I think. Maverick 88 was my first brand new shotgun bought in 1990 when I worked at Can Tire part time and got my 15% staff discount. I still have this shotgun and use it for geese and ducks, an excellent if primitive gun. There are a lot of options out there now and I recommend you ‘shoulder’ a few to see what is comfortable and what fits because some may fit you better than others.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Attilathecanuk

Newbie2019 (09-01-2019)

A Maverick 88 is an exact copy of the Mossberg M500. Barrels and aftermarket stuff, of which there isn't a lot, will fit.
    1. Depends on what you're doing. An 18.5" M88 isn't a 'duck gun' though. (They're really good upland bird and rabbit guns though.) Short barrels are great for those critters.) You need a 26" + barrel for ducks and geese, like Gunexpert007 says. You can buy one with changeable chokes that will give you a very versatile shotgun.
    There is no 'minimum' quantity of ammo. That's more about your budget than anything else. You'll have to pattern whatever you do buy too. That's basically finding out where the thing shoots and how dense the pattern is with different shot. Easier to do than describe.
    2. You should have been taught this on your PAL course. A trigger lock is the absolute minimum. Then put it in the back of a closet. Doesn't hurt to put a pad lock on the closet door as well. Storing in a case is not a good idea even in a silica cloth. Cases tend to attract moisture.
    "...not that easy for a new shooter..." Isn't easy for anybody given all the government persecution.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

Newbie2019 (09-01-2019)

Hi All,

I thank everyone for their valuable inputs.
    I think I will got with Maverick 88 with Combo Barrel 28″ and 18.5″.

I appreciate your help not his.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Newbie2019

JustBen (09-02-2019)

Meanwhile,

Does anyone have experience with Stack-On Stand-Up Home Defense Safe

It is being sold at Cabela's for $230. Here's the link to the website and a picture below for reference.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo....uts?slotId=12

65774880_403326416985284_846965636997492846_n.jpg

Just considering the cost and the fact that is a Stack-On I am interested. However, there are lot of critical reviews for this on the internet (Amazon, Cabelas etc).
    Can someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks
    Last edited by Newbie2019; 09-01-2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Better Formatting

I was about to suggest to get the combo, but I see you figured that out.
    My first shotgun was a maverick with a short barrel.
    A couple years ago I bought a 28" barrel for it as well, so I could actually use it for practical things. Hindsight being 2020, buying the combo together at the start would have saved some money.
    Last edited by Dewey Cox; 09-01-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

15. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

Newbie2019 (09-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie2019 View Post
    Meanwhile,

Does anyone have experience with Stack-On Stand-Up Home Defense Safe

It is being sold at Cabela's for $230.

Just considering the cost and the fact that is a Stack-On I am interested. However, there are lot of critical reviews for this on the internet (Amazon, Cabelas etc).
    Can someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks
    Wow, it looks really small...

17. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

kennymo (09-01-2019)

Remember that no gun safe holds as many guns as the marketing department promises.... 8 gun = 6 at best, 14 gun = about 10, etc....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast