Ruger 10/22 mag wont drop

Hi all,

Had my 10/22 out at the range yesterday. It was a good outing but now i have an empty mag that doesn't want to drop out of the mag well. My other four work fine. What could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Jordan

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by jfriedrich19 View Post
    Hi all,

Had my 10/22 out at the range yesterday. It was a good outing but now i have an empty mag that doesn't want to drop out of the mag well. My other four work fine. What could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Jordan
    Over sized a bit? Causing it to stick?

New mag?, How tight is it?, hard to insert?
    Sometimes I wipe the mags and mag well down with Armour All,and it is enough to help.
    I had a Anniversary edition that would not drop any mags, I had to relieve the stock a bit to get it work.
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 09-03-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Over sized a bit? Causing it to stick?
    Not sure, my 10/22 has the synthetic stock and the mags i'm using are the factory 10 rounders. Of which i bought not long after i bought the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    New mag?, How tight is it?, hard to insert?
    Sometimes I wipe the mags and mag well down with Armour All,and it is enough to help.
    I had a Anniversary edition that would not drop any mags, I had to relieve the stock a bit to get it work.
    It was a little stiff to insert. Mag is not new but its not old either. Bought it roughly same time i bought the rifle. I'm down to try anything, once i get the offending mag out of course.

Thanks again,
    Jordan

If you re oven the stock from the action does the magazine drop free?

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    If you re oven the stock from the action does the magazine drop free?
    Good point-
    I think you meant with the rifle removed from the stock right?- Good test to isolate the issue
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Good point-
    I think you meant with the rifle removed from the stock right?- Good test to isolate the issue
    It should read remove rather than "re oven"

My autocorrect is terrible.

But yes, remove the rifle from the stock. Does the problem still exist?

Oh good- I was thinking there might be some type of complex synthetic stock modification process using the kitchen range, cookie sheets and frog lube that I was unfamiliar with !
    FTrudeau

9. The Following User Liked This Post By 3MTA3

JustBen (09-09-2019)