Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex.

Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    I bought three 4-12 crossfire II yesterday, I put them on cz 452's in each caliber, .22lr, .17hmr, and .22wmr. I'm impressed with the quality for $, I wish I would have went with AO model for rimfires but all in all happy with the purchase

I have one of their 1-4x24 Razor HD scopes and am very impressed by the quality. Fantastic glass, very rugged and reliable. I'd like it a little more if the turret adjustments were a little more crisp and audible, but other than that there's nothing I can really complain about. I'd love to be able to compare it side by side with a Nightforce of comparable magnification.

I have a diamondback 4-12 on my yote rifle... I absolutely love it.... and teh lapel pin and optics cloth they include in the box are very cool.....
    It's no fun punning with a Kleptomaniac... they keep taking things, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhouse View Post
    Had a Strikefire on my 858, I liked it a lot. Sold it with the gun.

I just tonight put a Sparc on my AR15. Too soon to say for sure, but I don't think I like it was well. Will report back after I actually use it at the range.
    I had the Sparc out at the range yesterday, on my AR15. I suppose running 150 rds thru it isn't exactly a long term review, but I found it wasn't quite as quick to acquire a sight picture as it had been with the Strikefire. The adjustments were mushy and BIG moves out of a single click, again it's not scientific but I have doubts about their MOA change-per-click precision.

I'm building up a second AR and will be looking at different options. I might run a 1-4 or 1-6 with the Sparc or alternative on a side/45 degree mount.
    What? I can have a SIGNATURE?

I have a Strikefire on my Swiss, Sparc on my Marlin 1895 and just mounted a 6-24x50 Viper on a Savage. You could say I like Vortex, lol. So far I've been pleased with their glass.

I have a Diamondback 4-12x40AO on my Savage .22 works great on gophers!

Vortex just sent me a brand new crossfire after I had some minor issues with mine, great service.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Vortex are awesome! They have lines that compete in almost every market of optics. Crossfire and Diamondback are great entry level then the Viper line is awesome value at the mid to higher end range. I ordered a pair of the new Razor binoculars and can't wait for those. I had their last years model of Razor and a pair of Swaro EL's out side by side in rainy gloomy conditions and couldn't tell the difference, and I was looking for differences and expecting them. That sold me.... Well that and a thousand bucks in the pocket.
    Great value, great glass and their warranty is second to none.

Have a 6-24 PST, a Sparc on jr's AR, and had a Strikefire on my Dlask 6.5" 870. The Strikefire quit, so I'm going to see if on the warranty they'll upgrade (with some monetary input from me) to another Spark. I like em. I'm buying more of em.

My wife and I both have scope and binos from Vortex (Viper grade) and we love them. I've done some comparisons against big names like Swarovski and my Viper binos stand up very well on a dim west coat winter day. I'd recommend them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast