Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Don't get me started on spelling corrections.

Half of you guys on this thread are TERRIBLE spellers.

Don't know your from you're.
    Don't know than from then.
    Don't know lose from loose.
    Don't know why "should of" is wrong.
    Don't know why "suppost to" is wrong.
    Don't know to, two, too.
    Don't know their, there, they're.

It's everything I can do not to correct every single one, but I restrain myself.

Clip vs magazine is a separate issue, but "snipper rifle" is a cakewalk compared to how half of you spell.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonsper View Post
    Careful, guys. There are some on here that will call you a "spelling nazi" for having the temerity to point out some spelling incompetence.
    I'm fine with my jackboots.

Proper use of the spoken and written word, in whatever language, is not just a trivial matter of nit-picking snobbery; accurate communication can mean life or death - literally. The charge of the Light Brigade was a result of a miscommunicated and misunderstood directive. The men who died that day doubtless would have appreciated a bit of clarity.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By vykkagur

CLW .45 (12-21-2019)

Half the 16 to 24 year olds will never have a checking account. Why you ask? They cannot write/sign their name in cursive. When it is time to sign that real-estate contract they are whooped. Ask a realtor how they solved that.

That snipper rifle has a bayonet so sharp it will snip the balls right off the enemy.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

In Greek mythology the Fates control life and death by snipping your thread of life.
    This is two ( (;; ) aid in that.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Target grade model with a telescopic sight.

That was my first hi powered rifle at the age of 13. My mother paid $13 for it in an Oklahoma city pawn shop to use on my first deer hunt. I did get a deer. About 5 minutes into the hunt.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Half the 16 to 24 year olds will never have a checking account. Why you ask? They cannot write/sign their name in cursive. When it is time to sign that real-estate contract they are whooped. Ask a realtor how they solved that.

That snipper rifle has a bayonet so sharp it will snip the balls right off the enemy.
    You'll have to forgive me, tigrr, for sitting here laughing myself senseless at the example you chose: A checking account??? Mention that to 16-24 year-olds and they'll blink at you with the same blank and uncomprehending, cow-looking-over-the-fence stare that you'd get by showing them a rotary dial phone! They live in a tap-and-go society, my friend - those of them who even bother to shop in person. Mostly they prefer to sit on their backsides and order everything online, to be left on their doorstep by the delivery elf. Where I live, the only place that will take a personal cheque is a landlord - and they run credit checks first. Someone joked with me the other day that in a few years, people our age will be able to communicate in cursive as a secret code. The Tide Pod eaters won't be able to decipher it.

I "should of" remembered: We're not "suppost to" say things like that. We're just boomers, after all...

9. The Following User Liked This Post By vykkagur

Swingerguy (12-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    That was my first hi powered rifle at the age of 13. My mother paid $13 for it in an Oklahoma city pawn shop to use on my first deer hunt. I did get a deer. About 5 minutes into the hunt.
    My first gun was a Ljungman AG42, brand new, unscratched, unissued, with tool kit and spares, that I bought from a local dealer who operated out of his basement. Cost me a whopping $85 Canadian. What I wouldn't give to have that now. Used ones today start at four figures.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By vykkagur

Waterloomike (12-22-2019)

Chequing. Checking is the butchered American spelling. Spelled chequeing in England.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By kennymo

Hidyn (12-23-2019), Petamocto (12-22-2019), Rory McCanuck (12-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Chequing. Checking is the butchered American spelling. Spelled chequeing in England.
    We don't live in England, thank christ.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast