Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for 6.5x284 ammo

Help I'm looking for 6.5x284 norma ammo. I didn't get my reload set up and my usual supplier cannot provide. Anyone know where else in canada I can order from?

Prophet River I bet
    ďA harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control.Ē
    -Jordan Peterson

Where are you?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I live in Thunder Bay, ON.

Too far to get you over to reload a box or two..
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Cabela's Canada says No$ler Trophy(And only No$ler) ammo is "back orderable" at $97.99Cdn per 20. Mind you, Midway, Stateside shows all of No$ler's 6.5-284 is on 'No backorder'. Means it's just not available. Cabela's and Crappy Tire both advertise stuff they don't have. Wouldn't hurt to give Cabela's call/e-mail though.
    These guys say they have some too. $42.99 per 20 for Norma 120 grain FMJ's. They talk about 156 grain Onyx ammo as being "There are not enough products in stock". That might mean they have too few to put on their site.
    https://sporteque.ca/en/normalapua-r...56gr-oryx.html
    "...didn't get my reload set up..." That doesn't take long if you have a solid bench and brass.

Del Selin in Vernon has Nosler Trophy 120 gr.

250-545-6413

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Cabela's Canada says No$ler Trophy(And only No$ler) ammo is "back orderable" at $97.99Cdn per 20. Mind you, Midway, Stateside shows all of No$ler's 6.5-284 is on 'No backorder'. Means it's just not available. Cabela's and Crappy Tire both advertise stuff they don't have. Wouldn't hurt to give Cabela's call/e-mail though.
    These guys say they have some too. $42.99 per 20 for Norma 120 grain FMJ's. They talk about 156 grain Onyx ammo as being "There are not enough products in stock". That might mean they have too few to put on their site.
    https://sporteque.ca/en/normalapua-r...56gr-oryx.html
    "...didn't get my reload set up..." That doesn't take long if you have a solid bench and brass.
    "no back orders" does not necessarily mean it is not available...it may also mean they are no longer going to carry it as demand is too low.

I tried all those places last year. Sportique was the only one that stocked it. This year they ran out of stock. I was able to order a box from Prophet River. Should be here in a day or two.

I attempted to find someone local to reload for me. Unfortunately no one was able to help. I have never reloaded before so am a little nervous about attempting. Will have my gear set up soon tho.

Thanks for all the help guys! I reallly appreciate it!!

"...does not necessarily mean it is not available..." Midway says if it's on 'No back order' it means they don't have any and can't get it from the manufacturer. If they're discontinuing something, it goes on 'Clearance'.
    "...find someone local to reload for me..." Isn't technically legal.
    "...never reloaded before so..." If you can read and walk and breath at the same time, you can reload. Rocket science it ain't. Buy a copy of The ABC's of Reloading(about $30 on Amazon or your local gun shop) and if you don't have the kit look into an RCBS Beginner's Kit. Keep in mind that there's lots of help on this forum too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast