Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I was wondering if all the parties got their nominations wrapped up. Apparently not, I still don't understand how they didn't have that done months ago unless they are really having that hard of a time finding people willing to run under their banners. Hopefully that's an indication of the general populations feelings towards the libs and dippers.
    In my riding, the Liberals and the NDP still have not named any candidates yet. I am more surprised the NDP is having problems finding someone to run, usually just the liberals struggle to find someone. My MP will end up winning with over 60 percent of the vote so i have been donating to Ralph Goodale's challenger instead.

Libs had their signs up in my neck of the woods yesterday. None for the other guys, even today. Little wonder Libs will take it again.

It's not only the boy scouts who need to be prepared.

We truly do get the gov't we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    In my riding, the Liberals and the NDP still have not named any candidates yet. I am more surprised the NDP is having problems finding someone to run, usually just the liberals struggle to find someone. My MP will end up winning with over 60 percent of the vote so i have been donating to Ralph Goodale's challenger instead.
    Are they still able to insert a candidate in the riding without now that the writ is dropped? Or are they sol?
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    Are they still able to insert a candidate in the riding without now that the writ is dropped? Or are they sol?
    My understanding is that the parties have until Sept 30th to name candidates. After that, sol.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Liberals secure alternate plane after campaign bus damages branded plane
    The plane has been grounded in Victoria, B.C., as a result of the damage.
    -- https://globalnews.ca/news/5892249/l...ampaign-plane/

The Liberal Party had chartered a 13-year-old Boeing 737-800 to fly Justin Trudeau and his staff across Canada.
    The plane's wing was hit by a media bus on Wednesday and sustained minor damage. The plane, which has Trudeau's name and the Liberal logo on it, has been grounded until repairs are made.
    Air Transit has chartered another plane to Calgary for Trudeau to use for campaigning. It is also a Boeing 737-800 and will be in regular Air Transit livery.
    According to the airline, the Boeing 737-800 can fly a maximum distance of 4,300 kilometres without refueling. It cruises around 795km/h.
    Meanwhile, the Conservative Party has opted to charter a 21-year-old Airbus A319 from Air Canada for the election campaign.
    The Airbus A319 has a slightly longer range with a maximum distance of 4,442 kilometres, according to Air Canada’s website. The cruising speed of the A319 is about 830km/h.
    According to Air Canada, their A319’s are configured with 14 business class seats and 106 economy seats and have personal touch-screen televisions.
    Air Canada has removed their logo from the plane and has replaced it with Scheer’s name and the Conservative Party’s logo.
    -- https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/what-we-k...aign-1.4588517
    Last edited by RangeBob; 09-13-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Let's hope Selfie's campaign does a Max-8 nose dive

A good comment spotted, re the bus incident:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

7. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By LB303

Grimlock (09-13-2019), kennymo (09-13-2019), Rory McCanuck (09-13-2019), VooDoo (09-13-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234