Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Son and I are only going out for whitetail this year. Last year we got drawn for elk, found a herd of 25 -30 and we both shot the same one.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Hillbillyh

ruger#1 (10-13-2019)

Dad is walking around with a walker. They put staples in. He has a ways to go for recovery. He is in good spirits. That good to know.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By ruger#1

Aniest (10-20-2019), Rory McCanuck (10-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Take him along for that experience and task him with cleaning all those firearms you've won!
    LOL. I will have to put my provault 24 on the trailer. And take it up to him. He is giving me his Ruger #1A. In 7 Mil Mauser. He uses his BLR in 243 a lot more. I am just glad he isn't in worse shape.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    LOL. I will have to put my provault 24 on the trailer. And take it up to him. He is giving me his Ruger #1A. In 7 Mil Mauser. He uses his BLR in 243 a lot more. I am just glad he isn't in worse shape.
    My Mom had both of hers done within 4 months of one another so I know of the mobility issues. If he feels comfortable enough to travel I'm sure he'd prefer to tag along if for nothing more than the usual comraderie and camp BS'ing. If you feel badly for him you can bet he feels worse. Try and keep him a part of it, if he's up to it.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

Rory McCanuck (10-14-2019), ruger#1 (10-14-2019)

Sat out this morning with the stick and string for a few hours. Caught a brief glimpse of one of the brown ghosts, but what a great morning for sitting quietly. Had an eagle fly in for a look at the dugout/slough I was sitting over, plenty of small game and the ever entertaining Chikadees to keep me company.

I spent yesterday evening sighting in the muzzleloader and 45/70 guide gun. Forgot the 209 primers of course... Fortunately we managed to dig up a 20+ year old box of Winchester Westerns out of the basement. The T/C Impact was a couple of clicks out to the left, easily fixed. The 45/70 is really showing it’s stuff after lapping the rings and getting the 1-4x nice and secure.

4117B9C7-1D8A-446A-8D2A-4A62F4A78F4B.jpg

Hard to believe some of the destruction left behind by last week’s storm. Trees down everywhere, the underbrush has been laid completely flat in areas. Some places I don’t normally hunt because it’s so thick now have 50-60 yard visibility.

46F45C93-1B34-418A-BE49-0BB7F8D1BC9C.jpg

EDE3A4BD-93BE-493E-9B88-8E693534BC76.jpg
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

9. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By kennymo

lone-wolf (10-20-2019), R&R Rancher (10-20-2019), Rory McCanuck (10-20-2019)

Went scouting for the afternoon. There is something about the cool air on a sunny +6*C day that invigorates me.

Seen some nice tracks, plus got some intel for the family on a "troublesome" cow moose supposedly "rampaging through fences by the grain bins" of a farmer I know well.

I never think to bring a camera or use my phone. I love the solitude and peace so I left the phone on silent.

I saw eight or nine grouse on the ground. A large crow landed close and I was expecting them to run or lift... nope. One puffed up like large dust bunny and made a fight of it. The crow was standing its ground until two more decided to heed the call to arms, synchronize their "puff-up" and head in. Crow was chased off in a hurry. The whole thing from crow landing to flying might have been three or four seconds, but it was an experience to watch at 100 yards I won't forget.

Man, I just love this sport and group of hobbies! (shooting, firearms, hunting, hiking, spotting, wildlife watching, wildlife preservation, etc)
    Lessons from history and events of today: "resist with all your might, because if you lose once, there will be a catastrophe for your people, and the world will ignore it."

11. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Aniest

GTW (10-20-2019), kennymo (10-20-2019), lone-wolf (10-20-2019), Northshore (10-22-2019), Rory McCanuck (10-20-2019)

I was out in a dreary misty day on Saturday, and had to stop and think about how if you're inside looking out - you would say the weather sucks and better off inside - but that was certainly not what I was feeling while out in it walking about. Lovely day.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Finally got the blinds out today.
    Scared up a couple does that were curious about the chainsaw, so that was encouraging.
    Poor chainsaw was doing yeoman's duty today, the amount of deadfall was amazing.

The path I drove my car down last week had 4 trees across it, and probably 8 more partly blocking it.
    I took about 3 hours to cut our way down the other path to put the blinds in.
    RAther exhausted, might go soak in the tub with a whisky, but seeing some deer was encouraging.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

Aniest (10-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post

The whole thing from crow landing to flying might have been three or four seconds, but it was an experience to watch at 100 yards I won't forget.

Man, I just love this sport and group of hobbies! (shooting, firearms, hunting, hiking, spotting, wildlife watching, wildlife preservation, etc)
    Probably 25 years ago my boss and I were out duck hunting, sitting in the aluminum punt in the drizzle, freezing our asses off.
    In comes 4 swans, and the way they flared out and settled on the slough was something that I remember like it was yesterday.
    Totally made the day worth it.

Yes, those things totally make the work and discomforts worth it.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

16. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

Aniest (10-21-2019), GTW (10-20-2019)

i shot A squirrel on saturday. that's it. one.
    spelelluing

18. The Following User Liked This Post By Turtlehead

tdod101 (10-23-2019)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast