Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    With the lousy forecast I kept to the city this weekend. Took the TRS-25 off the 597 and mounted it to the Henry 30-30 so the nephew will have something to use come November.

Last time I used the Guide Gun, the 1-4x slid forward until the bell of the scope hit the back of the Weaver base. Pulled it off finally and decided to lap the rings. Can’t remember whether these are cheap Vortex rings or Scorpion, but the amount of surface area in contact with the tube was atrocious. Much improved now, that’ll teach me not to buy rings I’ve never used just because they’re on sale...

Next up, give the muzzleloader a once over. Black powder opens after Thanksgiving I think.

Then, the 257 Bee gets a once over after that, then it’s time to get the gear sorted and stowed into readily available containers. I try and use two large Plano boxes, one for warm weather, one for cold as ####. Hopefully next weekend is a go.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Had the 12 ga loaded up and sitting close by yesterday and this morning as we worked on my new deck top. Damn snow geese were flying over to far to either side for a shot.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By road kill

Turtlehead (10-07-2019)

Was at a funeral yesterday for a friend so I went out today to cheer myself up.

Spotted two Bull Moose, cow & calf, 11 does, and a decent sized black bear that ran off the moment I aimed my gun at him.

Cow & Calf - Calf looks grey due to still being covered in frost from the night

The first bull moose of the day

Same bull after he ran off for a distance. The second bull was even larger than this but the pictures sadly didn't turn out

The view from one of the areas I was hunting today

5. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Drache

linung (10-06-2019), lone-wolf (10-06-2019), tdod101 (10-08-2019), Turtlehead (10-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Was at a funeral yesterday for a friend so I went out today to cheer myself up.

Spotted two Bull Moose, cow & calf, 11 does, and a decent sized black bear that ran off the moment I aimed my gun at him.

Cow & Calf - Calf looks grey due to still being covered in frost from the night

The first bull moose of the day

Same bull after he ran off for a distance. The second bull was even larger than this but the pictures sadly didn't turn out

The view from one of the areas I was hunting today
    That bull looks like it was missing the left palm on his horns, or was that the camera angle?
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    That bull looks like it was missing the left palm on his horns, or was that the camera angle?
    Only a spike fork on one side. He was also limping a little as well.

All the moose were within a single kilometer of each other

Thanks for sharing Drache. Here in Manitoba it’s been raining so much I’ve forgotten what sun looks like. Can’t even go into the bush for ditch chicken it’s been so wet everything is like a swamp.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Well my little buck yielded 38lbs. Lost a bunch from bruising from the bullet hitting a branch on the way to him. Brings the venison total to 78lbs for the year
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Haywire1

Dewey Cox (10-06-2019), Drache (10-07-2019), lone-wolf (10-07-2019)

12. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

Rory McCanuck (10-09-2019)

Looks like my father broke his hip yesterday. They operated on his hip last night. So he either stays home, Or around camp. This year has been a total cluster F for me.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    Looks like my father broke his hip yesterday. They operated on his hip last night. So he either stays home, Or around camp. This year has been a total cluster F for me.
    Take him along for that experience and task him with cleaning all those firearms you've won!
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

15. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

kennymo (10-12-2019), Rory McCanuck (10-12-2019), ruger#1 (10-12-2019)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast