Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

S&W M&P9 2.0 V/S CZ P-10 F (First Pistol Choice)

Hi Forum,

Recently got my Licence (PAL). Both for Restricted and Non-Restricted. Will be buying my first restricted firearm (A pistol) soon. I have 2 finalists on my list.

1. Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0 (Range Kit Version) - $609.99 - Comes with 3 Mags, Holster, Mag Holster, Mag Loader and 4 grips. Link - https://alflahertys.com/smith-wesson...range-kit-9mm/
    2. CZ P-10F - $520 - Comes with 2 Mags and Cleaning Rods. Link https://alflahertys.com/cz-handgun-p...iker-fire-9mm/

I have done quite a bit homework on these and understand that both are great choices. However I can only buy one and therefore need your help in picking the better product of the two.
    I know there are lot experienced and knowledgeable people in this forum. Please provide your analysis and suggestion on why one is better than the other.

Looking for best product out of the box.

I have also attached photos for reference below.

I would really appreciate all your suggestions and advise on this.

Happy Sunday!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Newbie2019; 09-15-2019 at 10:23 AM.

of course you can only use your handgun for target shooting at a range
    I'd get the CZ, likely be my next pistol as well

I'd recommend you, if at all possible, handle the guns before even considering putting money down. Just to see which feels better in your hand. It'd be even better if you could shoot them both first (though that may not be possible).

I own an M&P myself and it's a very solid gun. People sometimes complain about the trigger (they're not fond of the hinge design) but I don't think there's anything really wrong with it. I've shot an M&P with an Apex kit in it and it's nice, but not so much nicer that I'd rush out and get one. I've ran about 3k rounds through my M&P and only once had a failure to feed. (Which was because I was dumb and used a .40S&W mag to try to get increased capacity. It jammed after the 4th round.) I've not had any failures to fire or eject and I've fed it all kinds of ammo. From cheap stuff like Maxxtech to Blazer to Winchester whitebox or Winchester USA forged to American Eagle.
    About only thing I've had to do to my gun is clean it and locktite the rear right in (because it started to drift a bit on me around the thousand round mark). Other than that it's been an extremely reliable gun for me.

I don't own and have never shot a CZ so I really can't offer much advice on it. I've heard good things about CZ though.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Jay.ec

Hidyn (09-24-2019)

I have a CZ, a CZ75, I've shot a M&P 9 quite a bit, I haven't held a P-10F but I've heard the trigger is very similar to my 75 which is outstanding, but absolutely find a way to at least hold each if you can

I'm a CZ fan; my Pastor has a M&P 9; I have not handled or shot the P-10. I have shot the M&P and it not only shoots great, but feels just about perfect in my hand, I can not comment if one is better than the other. If you get a chance, check out the IWI Massada, I have heard great things about it (I have a Jericho also). Worth a try before they start going up in cost.
    DSC1670.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I'm a CZ fan; my Pastor has a M&P 9; I have not handled or shot the P-10. I have shot the M&P and it not only shoots great, but feels just about perfect in my hand, I can not comment if one is better than the other. If you get a chance, check out the IWI Massada, I have heard great things about it (I have a Jericho also). Worth a try before they start going up in cost.
    DSC1670.jpg
    BTW, I have heard good things about the TARA, a new entry here in North America; built for military and police in Eastern Europe. With a price point south of $400.00, I'm almost ready to give one a try, and I'm an all steel, hammer fired kind of guy. LOL. Another nice entry level 9mm is the Norinco NP22; a Sig Clone with an aluminum frame. Not the best DA trigger, but a great gun, well made and also can be found for <400.00 It like the Sig, has the most intuitive decocking system there is.

O8ih8YQ.jpg

RobertMcC
    Just go with the CZ, gonna end up with one in the end, may as well get it over with.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Stew (09-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Just go with the CZ, gonna end up with one in the end, may as well get it over with.
    It doesn't stop at one...

11. The Following User Liked This Post By ESnel

Stew (09-16-2019)

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    It doesn't stop at one...
    Nope, I still want to get a CZ P09, and a CZ TS.

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

ESnel (09-16-2019), Stew (09-16-2019)

Buy both. Try both. Keep the one that suits you; or both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast