Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Tenda - Never had worse service from a Canadian Firearms Retailer

Hate to make this post but after multiple phones calls and emails enough is enough.

On Sep4 I place an order for;

1 x Alpha-X Holster with STI Insert
    4 x Double Alpha STI Magnetic Mag Pouches
    1 x Double Alpha Belt

As per the website ALL items were in stock and ready to ship. I checked and was indicated that it takes 1-2 days for in stock items to ship. At the end of day 3 I have no update on the order but the funds are taken. So I give them a call and am told that they are super busy and its taking 3-4 days to ship.
    As an online retailer myself I can understand delays, but to not inform customers is not acceptable.
    I'm told that the package will leave on day 4. Sure enough it does.

I just got the package and to my surprise it is missing the insert for the holster and only 3 of the 4 mag pouches.

Included is a note stating that they had an insert labeled for SVI and mistook it for STI so they sent it without an insert. Between the multiple emails, and phone calls no one had told me this. Now I am missing key pieces to put together this rig and no information as to when that will happen. They had time to make posts on here promoting more sales for firearms and accessories yet could not get the orders that were placed and paid out in a reasonable amount of time or even send them complete.

Just to put this in context. I ordered 3 more mag pouches and a thigh support for the holster direct from Double Alpha and received those in 3 days from the date of order, and cheaper too. I wanted to support the Canadian retailers because thats what we should be doing but they only had 4 in stock. In fact the STI Limited arrived faster from Freedom Ventures than did the rig I need for it......after reading so many good reviews about this place I'm beyond shocked that this is how my experience has been.

On a positive note, all arrived well packaged, and a bunch of stickers and pens were included which is nice but it would be a lot nicer to have just received the items I paid for.

First time I’ve heard of Tenda not measuring up. I’ve made numerous purchases from wheel guns to ammo to reloading stuff and had it arrive quickly and as advertised. Not making excuses for them, but I’ve never had any issues over the last few years.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By GTW

lone-wolf (09-16-2019), timoram (09-16-2019)

Canadian ForcesMember
    If you want bad service from a Canadian retailer, you could contact Epps in Ontario. They will not only give you service that makes this look good but will give you, a healthy dose of attitude if you try politely to point out their less than stellar service. They are permanently on my "Do not deal here" list.
    Waiting for first light. Shook hands with the devil.

5. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Tonsper

KTfeich (09-17-2019), Scotsman (09-16-2019), tdod101 (09-18-2019), timoram (09-16-2019)

When you called them, what did they say?
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

timoram (09-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    When you called them, what did they say?
    There were multiple calls.

First one "call back we are to busy"
    Second one "someone will call you back"
    Third one "the message box is full"
    Forth one "oh, sorry we are very busy and it is taking extra time to ship orders out" I expressed as an online retailer that deals with international sales I can understand delays however I made it very aware that when you process someones payment you are now obligated to supply what you have taken money for. They said "no problem, we will get this shipped out for you tomorrow"

They did ship it out, however they didn't ship two items. The mag pouch (which I can live without for the time being as I do have others that will work) however an Alpha-X holster without the insert means I have a cool metal thing to hand from a belt but cant put the gun there.

After searching them up further it seems they are lacking huge in the customer service side of things. I checked on the "other" forum where I found they were active every day, weekends included, to promote sales however seem to not be able to actually fill the sales orders they are receiving.

Even more upset because I expressed that I needed these items by a specific date and told that it would be no problem, all items were in stock and ready to ship and they would get there in that time. I had no issue paying for express shipping as well but was told its not necessary....now date comes and goes, missing pieces and no one answers the phone there.

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    First time I’ve heard of Tenda not measuring up. I’ve made numerous purchases from wheel guns to ammo to reloading stuff and had it arrive quickly and as advertised. Not making excuses for them, but I’ve never had any issues over the last few years.
    I wish I had this experience. Despite the delay in getting things out to door I was happy to see it had shipped but now receiving the order, seeing that there is a hand written note saying its missing pieces from the holster and no mention of the missing mag pouch is just shit service IMO. Considering that the emails and phone calls did not indicate any issue with any of the items. Only when I receive them am I made aware.

Quote Originally Posted by timoram View Post
    Hate to make this post but after multiple phones calls and emails enough is enough.

On Sep4 I place an order for;

1 x Alpha-X Holster with STI Insert
    4 x Double Alpha STI Magnetic Mag Pouches
    1 x Double Alpha Belt

As per the website ALL items were in stock and ready to ship. I checked and was indicated that it takes 1-2 days for in stock items to ship. At the end of day 3 I have no update on the order but the funds are taken. So I give them a call and am told that they are super busy and its taking 3-4 days to ship.
    As an online retailer myself I can understand delays, but to not inform customers is not acceptable.
    I'm told that the package will leave on day 4. Sure enough it does.

I just got the package and to my surprise it is missing the insert for the holster and only 3 of the 4 mag pouches.

Included is a note stating that they had an insert labeled for SVI and mistook it for STI so they sent it without an insert. Between the multiple emails, and phone calls no one had told me this. Now I am missing key pieces to put together this rig and no information as to when that will happen. They had time to make posts on here promoting more sales for firearms and accessories yet could not get the orders that were placed and paid out in a reasonable amount of time or even send them complete.

Just to put this in context. I ordered 3 more mag pouches and a thigh support for the holster direct from Double Alpha and received those in 3 days from the date of order, and cheaper too. I wanted to support the Canadian retailers because thats what we should be doing but they only had 4 in stock. In fact the STI Limited arrived faster from Freedom Ventures than did the rig I need for it......after reading so many good reviews about this place I'm beyond shocked that this is how my experience has been.

On a positive note, all arrived well packaged, and a bunch of stickers and pens were included which is nice but it would be a lot nicer to have just received the items I paid for.
    Tenda is not here. I've never seen them make any post here. I know there is a lot of complaints and as far as I can tell, it's all web orders.

I prefer not to order over the internet. The main issue is that they're basically a mom and pops brick and mortar operation. I think their website is subcontracted out and not properly done. The web inventory never matches the actual stock. Every time they sell something they have to adjust the inventory on the website to match. I would check their website for an item and see it is out of stock but show up and be able to purchase it off the shelf. When I got home, I can still check the website and see that it is still out of stock. It happens for in stock items too, when they've actually sold out.

one time I took all the H4198 powder they had. I got home and was able to see that they still have it as in stock on the website.

I will continue to shop there, because it is convenient, they are very friendly, and they generally have the best prices on everything.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By linung

Stew (09-16-2019), Superfly (09-18-2019)

When you're blanketing the internet to try to make your shopping issue sound important, there's not always time to re write your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    When you're blanketing the internet to try to make your shopping issue sound important, there's not always time to re write your story.
    Keep on trollin

If you don't think its an issue of a retailer misleading and costing a consumer time and money then I want some of what you smoke.
    Its called a review, and after the multiple times I have made attempts to contact them, to make sure everything was ok and to still end up with a package MISSING ITEMS I PAID FOR WITH NO ANSWER yup, I will share it on two forums that I have access to so that someone else does not have to go through the same bullshit I do.

But you do realize that when you come across as a drama queen, your review tends to hold less weight, right?

15. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

Stew (09-16-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast