Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Welcome back buddy. Nice to see you here again - wondered what had happened with the C7 discussion and investing, etc.

Keep the faith. I'm the worst kind of Christian who falls back on religion only when everything is going wrong, but that's when you need it most.

It's really good to see you around again Harbl, we've missed you.
    I'm sorry that you've had to get to such a low point to be able to come back, but I'm glad you have, as GonZo said it is a pretty good support network here.

I have nothing to say that will help with your dealings with your daughters, other than to say that what I do know of you suggests that you're doing your best to be as good a dad as possible. The fact that you've announced your shortcomings and have tried to change them puts you so far ahead of so many people it isn't funny.

As for developing a tolerance, switch strains for a while, it'll help.
    Going on a drug-holiday for a bit also helps, but it'll take more than a couple days.
    Or, a couple day break will only be marginally helpful.

For Mrs Harbl, just be loving and patient. It'll be hard, but there's not much you can do to help depression itself, that has to be her job. Do what you can to eliminate the in-law anxiety.

Please, both of you, be very careful using pot to deal with mental health, it can be quite dangerous and make it much worse. I'm not saying in all cases, but it can exacerbate things, and can become addictive in its own right, searching from some relief from depression.

My heart goes out to you bud, there may not be a lot we can do here, but we can listen.
    And rib you about being a Brony
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

I have a five year old daughter now.....I’m up to season 7....

Two of my nephews are autistic, and several cousin’s kids. One of them is now in his early 20’s and is now living only semi-assisted and holding a job. He wasn’t even expected to learn how to talk in the beginning. I can only echo the statements of others in that early investment and sweat equity pays off. Get signed up for as many programs and as much assistance as you can. Every bit helps, and look after yourself once in a while. My wife was sick for two years, it left us both pretty mentally drained. The little breaks add up and make a difference in the end.

Good to see you again.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Welcome back. It’s the person not the username we care about.

Anything to help, just let us know, and we’ll get something thrown together until you find better. (Horribly butchered ST quote, but oh well).

5. The Following User Liked This Post By SIR VEYOR

shortandlong (09-18-2019)

Good to have you back. Take time to celebrate the small victories every time you can. Longest journeys start with single steps, sometimes baby steps.
    Justin Trudeau - living proof that shit can step in itself.

FWIW Harbl my son is a high functioning Autistic. He just turned 18 last month. For him the key was early diagnosis and enrolment in what was called the ABA program through the ST. Amant center. These are Manitoba based programs but Alberta will have similar. They provided an in house tutor 7.5 hours a day 5 days a week until he went to school. We were then able to get him into the school age ABA program. The school hired an EA and let the ABA teach her how to work with him.

I remember when the program first started. He was tantruming over a dozen times a day. His speech was delayed and his frustration level over being unable to communicate beyond grunts and gestures was high. This was the root cause of the tantrums. As his language skills and coping skills increased his tantruming disappeared. That was a huge burden lifted off our shoulders. Just one of the first of many small victories.

BSD gave you great advice. Get out there and advocate for your children. Everything I’ve seen and read says that if you delay the critical help your child needs then you will miss the window where the help can do the most good. When my son was diagnosed he was two. Doctors told us there was nothing that could be done. We have a weekly play session for kids like him and a monthly get together for parents. They also said, oh by the way I hope you have a good support network because you are going to need it. Had we followed that advice we would have destroyed any potential future our son had. We had been told about the ABA by another family we knew that had an autistic child.

My son has a good chance of leading what most would call a normal life. It may take him a bit longer to acquire life skills than his peers, but he will get there. He still faces challenges, but don’t we all?
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

blacksmithden (09-18-2019), Doug_M (09-18-2019), SIR VEYOR (09-18-2019)

So, uhm, when we gonna start talking about gold bullion again?
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By firemachine69

awndray (09-18-2019), shortandlong (09-18-2019)

Welcome back “h” I have never seen a my little poney without thinking of some of your crazy posts lols

My 2 year old daughter is a fan when she isn’t being a precious terror .

All that and transitioning out of the mob eh ?

Ya been through a lot nice to hear from you

Delete
    Last edited by NickYYC; 09-23-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickYYC View Post
    I can always use GOC to sell all that .223 Nork Surplus Ammo I bought 5-6 years ago at a 30% return...
    Boxer primed?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast