Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by NickYYC View Post
    Personally, I think we should be giving every single military veteran with PTSD 10-20 mg of THC every day, along with integrating mandatory psychological resilience training for all soldiers (basically training our troops how to perform what I call "combat meditation," or training to calm the mind and body in the face of overwhelming stress and anxiety - much in the way they describe in Robert Heinlein's book, Starship Troopers.
    I disagree.. So you give them pot then what? You still need therapy. So many vets are jumping on the pot train, self medicating, not going to therapy, and wonder why they are not getting better. Like the medication I take, that just the boot disk to start to reprogram, It's not a cure. I still need to goto therapy to get better. You just cannot smoke and be like I'm cured.

I had a friend, he jumped on the pot train, one of those truckers, that never left the wire, but somehow developed serious PTSD that he needs to be stoned all the time to function.. He tried to get me on it all the time. He just constantly angry and for no reason. When they legalized it he was on military groups going on support a veteran buy them weed. Real class act.

I also got a good VET buddy. He smokes pot, he drinks.. Over the years, of the drunken rants, the I'm soooooo stoned man, the political rants, bitching on FB.. Hes wonder why he not getting better. Because he keeps on putting him self in situations that pisses him off, and reverting any progress he made. He starting to finally figure this out..

I never touched it and I got PTSD, actually had it for over a decade now. I overcome it by finally not allowing it to control me, accept I had PTSD, wasn't afraid of what others thought of me because it. Changed my outcome, the what I subject myself to. To many people are using pot as a crutch, and not fixing the actual problem.

But what do I know?

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

awndray (10-21-2019), Camo tung (10-21-2019), DanN (10-21-2019), Doug_M (10-21-2019), ESnel (10-21-2019), shootemup604 (10-22-2019), SIR VEYOR (10-21-2019)