Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You are coming across as a lunatic.
    Please be aware of that.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

"my dosing was pretty typical of most patients (who dose)," ... "she recommended I do more "off" days" which politely means she thinks you're doing too much.

"alleviate the symptoms of my illnesses: depression, anxiety, and insomnia" = "disassociate from reality"

"Conservatives for years have held to this dogmatic belief that cannabis is this evil substance that rots your brain." Ad hominem, and over-reaching. Not all cons, so to speak. And remember, the PPC are still cons. Pot, meet kettle. (Pun intended)

"dosed properly and with an informed mind" Can a dosed mind be reliably informed, or is it inherently biased due to the dosing?

"absolute miracle medicine" Evidence req'd

The only real reason I don't argue against pot is because to be intellectually consistent I'd have to argue against alcohol, too. Do you believe that if used in the same way alcohol is different from pot?

"Societies for hundreds of years before science was even invented knew cannabis was effective medicine" Which societies? You mean the ones that didn't invent the wheel, or the ones who did ritual human sacrifices?

"so many on "our side" hold to irrationally dogmatic and ill-informed beliefs about what is essentially a medical health panacea" says every pot-head I've ever met. I have yet to see any study that shows pot cured anything worse than a hangover.

"Medicinal cannabis saved my wife, my life, and my marriage." I hope that's true. Now, and into the future.

"I was a good "conservative."" In my experience, political affiliation has little to no reflection on who smokes pot; I see many on both sides of the political spectrum. This is perhaps a dogma you hold yourself and project on others.

"Life isn't about enjoyment. I have very little enjoyment in my life." That's a problem, not just a symptom.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    Please be aware of that.
    X2.

Also when you refer to software engineering it sounds like you're doing computer programming. Which is not engineering. If you aren't registered with APEGA (or the equivalent provincial body), you cannot call yourself an engineer anywhere in Canada.

"my dosing was pretty typical of most patients (who dose)," ... "she recommended I do more "off" days" which politely means she thinks you're doing too much. - "too much" would be to quit. She made no such recommendation

"alleviate the symptoms of my illnesses: depression, anxiety, and insomnia" = "disassociate from reality" I used to think so too, until I realized just how severe of an illness depression especially can be.

"Conservatives for years have held to this dogmatic belief that cannabis is this evil substance that rots your brain." Ad hominem, and over-reaching. Not all cons, so to speak. And remember, the PPC are still cons. Pot, meet kettle. (Pun intended) I feel the PPC are more nationalist/libertarian than conservatives. I think that split is going to grow wider on a wide range of issues, cannabis in particular, and especially between the Libertarians and SoCon's

"dosed properly and with an informed mind" Can a dosed mind be reliably informed, or is it inherently biased due to the dosing? I used to not think so either until I did the research and experimentation, under a Doctor's supervision. For anyone in Calgary, I highly recommend this clinic: https://hmed.ca/

"absolute miracle medicine" Evidence req'd Research required. I've done mine.

The only real reason I don't argue against pot is because to be intellectually consistent I'd have to argue against alcohol, too. Do you believe that if used in the same way alcohol is different from pot? No. That's not to say they both don't have risks, but doing the research, alcohol has a greater likelihood to induce negative side effects. Jordan Peterson put it very eloquently here:

"Societies for hundreds of years before science was even invented knew cannabis was effective medicine" Which societies? You mean the ones that didn't invent the wheel, or the ones who did ritual human sacrifices? Scythians, Greeks, Romans, Thracians, English, Israelis, French, Indian. Heck, even the Americans before the 1930's used it the same way we use Tylenol.

"so many on "our side" hold to irrationally dogmatic and ill-informed beliefs about what is essentially a medical health panacea" says every pot-head I've ever met. I have yet to see any study that shows pot cured anything worse than a hangover. Could it be because for most of the last century it was a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance and it was illegal to research it in the US?

"Medicinal cannabis saved my wife, my life, and my marriage." I hope that's true. Now, and into the future. Believe me, it is.

"I was a good "conservative."" In my experience, political affiliation has little to no reflection on who smokes pot; I see many on both sides of the political spectrum. This is perhaps a dogma you hold yourself and project on others. It was certainly the belief I held prior when I was an ardent (and suffering) conservative. So were (and are) many of my conservative peers.

"Life isn't about enjoyment. I have very little enjoyment in my life." That's a problem, not just a symptom. "The pursuit of happiness is a pointless goal" - Jordan Peterson.
    Meaning trumps happiness. Happiness in excess turns you into a hedonist when it's abundant, a nihilist when it is scarce.

Meaning enriches life when happiness is present, and sustains it when it is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    X2.
    To what extend have you researched and used medical cannabis?

Also when you refer to software engineering it sounds like you're doing computer programming. Which is not engineering. If you aren't registered with APEGA (or the equivalent provincial body), you cannot call yourself an engineer anywhere in Canada.
    I am a registered P.Eng. with a degree in Software Engineering, 15 years practicing in the industry. Programming is a part of Software Engineering, but my industry specialization is Quality Assurance and Software Testing. I also have a strong background in Systems Integration, System Architecture, Systems Analysis, Business Analysis, Database Analysis, Project Management, and Technical writing.

Fun fact, generally speaking, industry experienced Canadian Software Engineers are among the best in the world (because there are so few of us and we have to wear so many different hats).
    Last edited by NickYYC; 09-27-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    When have I not sounded like a lunatic on these forums? Awndry?

Reading the original post I was hopeful but the hope began to fade as I continued reading...
    The Small Fringe Minority: Thank you for your service!

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Magi

NickYYC (09-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NickYYC View Post
    When have I not sounded like a lunatic on these forums? Awndry?
    lol
    Good luck my man, I hope it all works out
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

"my dosing was pretty typical of most patients (who dose)," ... "she recommended I do more "off" days" which politely means she thinks you're doing too much. - "too much" would be to quit. She made no such recommendation Nobody said you can't smoke a little pot, but you can't say she doesn't think you're smoking too much

"alleviate the symptoms of my illnesses: depression, anxiety, and insomnia" = "disassociate from reality" I used to think so too, until I realized just how severe of an illness depression especially is. You're absolutely right - depression is a very serious condition.. and it requires treatment, not disassociation. You can't ignore it until it goes away.

"Conservatives for years have held to this dogmatic belief that cannabis is this evil substance that rots your brain." Ad hominem, and over-reaching. Not all cons, so to speak. And remember, the PPC are still cons. Pot, meet kettle. (Pun intended) I feel the PPC are more nationalist/libertarian than conservatives. I think that split is going to grow wider on a wide range of issues, cannabis in particular, and especially between the Libertarians and SoCon's We've spoken about this in other locations; I believe all the PPC can do right now is split the vote. I'm not even saying I have a problem with the PPC per se (other than being non-electable). You're reply is non sequitur.

"dosed properly and with an informed mind" Can a dosed mind be reliably informed, or is it inherently biased due to the dosing? I used to not think so either until I did the research and experimentation, under a Doctor's supervision. For anyone in Calgary, I highly recommend this clinic: https://hmed.ca/ That's akin to watching TYT for advice on Conservatives.

"absolute miracle medicine" Evidence req'd Research required. I've done mine. I'll have to take your word for it. Pitty it hasn't saved the world yet.

The only real reason I don't argue against pot is because to be intellectually consistent I'd have to argue against alcohol, too. Do you believe that if used in the same way alcohol is different from pot? No. That's not to say they both don't have risks, but doing the research, alcohol has a greater likelihood to induce negative side effects I don't think we'll really know the answer to this until it has been legal long enough to have actual, evidence based medical stats. Same goes for vaping - no one really knows what effects it will have long term.

"Societies for hundreds of years before science was even invented knew cannabis was effective medicine" Which societies? You mean the ones that didn't invent the wheel, or the ones who did ritual human sacrifices? Scythians, Greeks, Romans, Thracians, English, Israelis, French, Indian. Heck, even the Americans before the 1930's used it the same way we use Tylenol. And those were some pretty crappy times to live in. Society has learned a little and advanced a little since then. IE, you can't really use the antikythera mechanism as a good example of how to design logic circuits today, as brilliant a machine as it is.

"so many on "our side" hold to irrationally dogmatic and ill-informed beliefs about what is essentially a medical health panacea" says every pot-head I've ever met. I have yet to see any study that shows pot cured anything worse than a hangover. Could it be because for most of the last century it was a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance and it was illegal to research it in the US? Medial use pot has been legal for a long time, and it's only used as a pain killer. Not a cure for anything.

"Medicinal cannabis saved my wife, my life, and my marriage." I hope that's true. Now, and into the future. Believe me, it is. Awesome.

"I was a good "conservative."" In my experience, political affiliation has little to no reflection on who smokes pot; I see many on both sides of the political spectrum. This is perhaps a dogma you hold yourself and project on others. It was certainly the belief I held prior when I was an ardent (and suffering) conservative. So were (and are) many of my conservative peers. I would ask how you've suffered, but more importantly I think you'd agree you suffer more under a Liberal gov't.

"Life isn't about enjoyment. I have very little enjoyment in my life." That's a problem, not just a symptom. "The pursuit of happiness is a pointless goal" - Jordan Peterson.
    Meaning trumps happiness. Happiness in excess turns you into a hedonist when it's abundant, a nihilist when it is scarce. Ironically, that's a nihilistic comment. A smile and a laugh go a long way.

Meaning enriches life when happiness is present, and sustains it when it is gone. No one is arguing a good life doesn't require meaning, but it does require happiness in equal measure. For now I'll assume your happiness will be found in the future health of your child, and that is the other part that drives you forward.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    lol
    Good luck my man, I hope it all works out
    Thanks. It's been a real roller coaster, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    "my dosing was pretty typical of most patients (who dose)," ... "she recommended I do more "off" days" which politely means she thinks you're doing too much. - "too much" would be to quit. She made no such recommendation Nobody said you can't smoke a little pot, but you can't say she doesn't think you're smoking too much I'm not telepathic, but I know exactly that she said "try to take 2 days off a week instead of one, but other than that you're doing good."

"alleviate the symptoms of my illnesses: depression, anxiety, and insomnia" = "disassociate from reality" I used to think so too, until I realized just how severe of an illness depression especially is. You're absolutely right - depression is a very serious condition.. and it requires treatment, not disassociation. You can't ignore it until it goes away. I never said I disassociated from reality, I said I used it to reduce the symptoms of my depression, anxiety, and insomnia. When I started out before I knew my dosing limitations, I had a few "trips." They weren't as bad as I thought they would be (my wife thought they were funny) - but I scaled it back, and as I've developed a tolerance, I don't trip at all. Now all I feel is calm and sleepy, which enables me to either focus, work out, or get a good night's sleep

"Conservatives for years have held to this dogmatic belief that cannabis is this evil substance that rots your brain." Ad hominem, and over-reaching. Not all cons, so to speak. And remember, the PPC are still cons. Pot, meet kettle. (Pun intended) I feel the PPC are more nationalist/libertarian than conservatives. I think that split is going to grow wider on a wide range of issues, cannabis in particular, and especially between the Libertarians and SoCon's We've spoken about this in other locations; I believe all the PPC can do right now is split the vote. I'm not even saying I have a problem with the PPC per se (other than being non-electable). You're reply is non sequitur. I was trying ot highlight that the grand conservative coalition is going to break apart, probably along the lines of the Libertarians vs the SoCon's. I think the SoCon's especially have the worst perspective concerning cannabis and that it can't be reconciled with the Libertarian perspective

"dosed properly and with an informed mind" Can a dosed mind be reliably informed, or is it inherently biased due to the dosing? I used to not think so either until I did the research and experimentation, under a Doctor's supervision. For anyone in Calgary, I highly recommend this clinic: https://hmed.ca/ That's akin to watching TYT for advice on Conservatives. A registered medical clinic specializing in cannabis? What would be better? Google? (although I use both)

"absolute miracle medicine" Evidence req'd Research required. I've done mine. I'll have to take your word for it. Pitty it hasn't saved the world yet. Wait until it's legalized in the US. That's what I'm watching for.

The only real reason I don't argue against pot is because to be intellectually consistent I'd have to argue against alcohol, too. Do you believe that if used in the same way alcohol is different from pot? No. That's not to say they both don't have risks, but doing the research, alcohol has a greater likelihood to induce negative side effects I don't think we'll really know the answer to this until it has been legal long enough to have actual, evidence based medical stats. Same goes for vaping - no one really knows what effects it will have long term.The research is sparse, but then again, abundant long term research in autism has yielded nothing useful either.

"Societies for hundreds of years before science was even invented knew cannabis was effective medicine" Which societies? You mean the ones that didn't invent the wheel, or the ones who did ritual human sacrifices? Scythians, Greeks, Romans, Thracians, English, Israelis, French, Indian. Heck, even the Americans before the 1930's used it the same way we use Tylenol. And those were some pretty crappy times to live in. Society has learned a little and advanced a little since then. IE, you can't really use the antikythera mechanism as a good example of how to design logic circuits today, as brilliant a machine as it is.While we've progressed in some ways, we've regressed in very many others. Look at what kills people these days. Mostly owing to diet and lifestyle changes, most of which are a result of some underlying psychological pathology. Why don't people live healthier lives when we have an abundance of technological miracles? Stress especially, is dangerous. Believe me I know.

"so many on "our side" hold to irrationally dogmatic and ill-informed beliefs about what is essentially a medical health panacea" says every pot-head I've ever met. I have yet to see any study that shows pot cured anything worse than a hangover. Could it be because for most of the last century it was a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance and it was illegal to research it in the US? Medial use pot has been legal for a long time, and it's only used as a pain killer. Not a cure for anything.Pain causes stress. See previous point.

"Medicinal cannabis saved my wife, my life, and my marriage." I hope that's true. Now, and into the future. Believe me, it is. Awesome. Thanks!

"I was a good "conservative."" In my experience, political affiliation has little to no reflection on who smokes pot; I see many on both sides of the political spectrum. This is perhaps a dogma you hold yourself and project on others. It was certainly the belief I held prior when I was an ardent (and suffering) conservative. So were (and are) many of my conservative peers. I would ask how you've suffered, but more importantly I think you'd agree you suffer more under a Liberal gov't.Raising a developmentally impaired child comes with enormous suffering. So much so, the thought of having my AR's doesn't bother me half as much as contemplating what struggles my daughter will face.

Meaning trumps happiness. Happiness in excess turns you into a hedonist when it's abundant, a nihilist when it is scarce. Ironically, that's a nihilistic comment. A smile and a laugh go a long way. I'm not opposed to happiness, I just realize it's important to pursue meaning and be grateful when happiness comes your way

Meaning enriches life when happiness is present, and sustains it when it is gone. No one is arguing a good life doesn't require meaning, but it does require happiness in equal measure. For now I'll assume your happiness will be found in the future health of your child, and that is the other part that drives you forward.My meaning is found in the future health of my children. I think the thing that makes me happy is the thought of lying on my deathbed 80 - 90 years from now, surrounded by a small legion of descendants, and my last thought as I leave this world being "Praise God, that was a good life."
    3 chars

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast