Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    If we're releasing more CO2 into the atmosphere, wouldn't the atmosphere be expanding?
    i.e. the Sky is going Up !
    You got me there.

What I do know is that the more CO2 in the atmosphere the more plant life flourishes.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    You got me there.

What I do know is that the more CO2 in the atmosphere the more plant life flourishes.
    That's what I was taught ages ago when in school. When did it change and by who?

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Doug's experiences with his kid's schooling continues to terrify me lol
    The levels of indoctrination are terrifying. There was a climate change (read tax theft) protest here in Victoria yesterday, kids blocked the roads for hours. Several of my chiropractor's patients were late because of it. One patient said it took AN HOUR to go TWO BLOCKS. When I got to the bar and said to the bartender that it should be legal to run over any protester blocking the roads the guy sitting a chair over from me laughed and agreed, turns out he's a BC Transit bus driver. He was sitting there idling for a couple hours because of them. They protest climate change by blocking the roads and forcing people to burn more of the very fossil fuel they claim to hate? smiley_freak.jpgsmiley_freak.jpgsmiley_freak.jpg

My friend lives in James bay (A few minutes walking distance behind the Legislature) and the said that the tourists were being interviewed by the news outlets and they were making fun of these kids because they all drove to the protest and none of them carpooled. As some of the protesters passed by he said "Nice to see you supporting the green movement with your gasoline vehicle", the guy had no response.

Video at link shows them marching down Government Street and blocking the instersection of Government and Belleville https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/v...rike-1.4603165

Victoria students occupy downtown streets during climate strike

Hundreds of Vancouver Island students have left their schools and taken to the lawns of BC's Legislature Friday morning to participate in a global climate strike.

Alongside youth from over 150 countries around the world, students have converged in BC's capital and plan to occupy the intersection of Government and Belleville Streets starting at 2:00 p.m. this afternoon for 11 straight hours.

The road closure is meant to represent 11 hours of action for the 11 years until 2030, the deadline for the planet to stop a rise of 1.5 C in global temperatures to prevent environmental catastrophes, according to the United Nations.

The protest also included a lengthy chain of students lying down on the ground for six minutes, representing their six environmental demands to prevent a fatal future for upcoming generations in what is described by organizers as a "die-in".

So far, the climate strike has featured speeches, inflatable orcas, handwritten picket signs and more.

Meanwhile, a similar climate protest is taking place in Nanaimo. Protestors plan to march along Commercial Street to Terminal Avenue North and back.

The students in Victoria are joined by local environment group, Extinction Rebellion, which has held a number of environmental protests in the past, including a mock hanging just outside of CTV Vancouver Island's newsroom on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    That's what I was taught ages ago when in school. When did it change and by who?
    When the government started going broke and decided to create this fraud to justify increasing taxes.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Steve MKII

M1917 Enfield (09-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    You got me there.

Yup, https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2436/c...reenerfor-now/

And warm climates are good for civilization!

Global-Temperature-2500BC-2015.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Steve MKII

CLW .45 (09-21-2019), M1917 Enfield (09-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    When the government started going broke and decided to create this fraud to justify increasing taxes.
    Ah. Too bad they can't be charged with fraud

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Grey_Wolf

firemachine69 (09-21-2019)

Deleted
    Last edited by hawk-i; 09-22-2019 at 03:45 AM.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    1984 should be required reading for all grade school students. When history does not fit the current narrative, it's destroyed and the void filled with whatever truth of day fits in. Winston Smith would be proud (up until the torture and the rats).
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FALover

LB303 (09-22-2019), M1917 Enfield (09-22-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12