View Poll Results: Does posting pictures of "assault weapons" being used in lawful hunting and sporting sway

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it helps in every way.

14 43.75%
  • Yes, partially, because it might help sway the "fence sitters" and Fudds.

4 12.50%
  • No, the Anti-gun people don't care anyways.

13 40.63%
  • No, it makes it WORSE: it shows how "deadly" they are on human sized targets.

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Submitting Pictures of "Assault" weapons used in hunting & sporting help?

FULL QUESTION: "Does posting pictures of "assault weapons" being used in lawful hunting and sporting sway people against banning them?"

Just wondering what everyone here at GOC thinks about posting public pictures of hunting and sporting with "assault weapons" (not my favorite term, but you know what I mean).

For example, does posting pictures of the lawful harvest of a deer with a STAG10 or posting pictures of having shot a coyote that was tying to kill the "fluffy adorable pet" with a WK-180 actually help promote that they are not "weapons of killing people" but actually for sporting and hunting purposes?

I ask because of two reasons:

1. There are photos going to come this hunting season and coyote season this winter now that the Tavor, STAG10, WK-180, BCL and others are in use.

2. With the bad press over mass shootings, the propaganda of "weapons of war" by antis and such anything that actually helps would help.

** civilized discussions please **
    Last edited by Aniest; 09-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    Lessons from history and events of today: "resist with all your might, because if you lose once, there will be a catastrophe for your people, and the world will ignore it."

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Aniest

Rory McCanuck (09-23-2019)

The last Rogan and Steve Rinella podcast I heard, they were asking similar questions in reference to the entire photo - does the smiling hunter next to his kill actually hurt the hunting community, and maybe it's time to give it up in order to appease the public.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

There are crazy people out there, who can't tell the difference between good and evil. To them anyone who has a gun is evil. There is no reasoning with them. They are the ones trying to take away your guns.

There only way they will relent is when they are confronted with something more sinister and need you and your gun to save them. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything in sight.

It's sad and depressing.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

How about NO, because assault rifles are already illegal!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By hawk-i

no-one special (09-23-2019), ruger#1 (09-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    How about NO, because assault rifles are already illegal!!!!
    I get your point and believe in it. That is why I put "assault weapons" in quotes and never used the term "assault rifle".

A nice video is True History of Assault Rifles by Liberty Doll (h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKVBeZkqDxU). What I take away is that "assault rifle" was started as a propaganda term meant to be scary by the WWII German military, but did not actually require a definition of the weapon in question as long it "struck fear in the Allies" kind of thing. I'm not saying the definition has not changed, or the video is wholly correct, but what I also see if the term "assault rifle" currently is a propaganda fear term.

So far, in my personal life, photos of (for example) a WK-180C being used for lawful hunting has helped sway the fence-sitters and some Fudds. I have seen no change with true Antis though.
    Last edited by Aniest; 09-23-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Lessons from history and events of today: "resist with all your might, because if you lose once, there will be a catastrophe for your people, and the world will ignore it."

There is only 1 cure for true anti's.
    The problem is the so called "assault rifle" terminology. There is no real definition for an assault rifle so all black/green rifles get painted with the same brush. Basically if is of less than a 100 year old design and is not wood stocked it must be an assault rifle is the common mentality. The truth that so few want to embrace is that since the very first firearm was invented in China in the 1300s, ALL firearms have been refined to kill more efficiently, as humankind is the ultimate predator and always looking for easier ways to kill each other, that is called progress.
    The fact that most firearms were invented by civilians is lost on the public and the fact that the overwhelming majority of firearms in the world are owned by law abiding civilians, not military and LE makes the lieberal mind implode.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By no-one special

50 B.M.G. (09-24-2019)

I don't hunt so I'd rather see target shooting or clays

Yes. Normalization of behaviour.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By JustBen

Doug_M (09-24-2019), Rory McCanuck (09-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    Yes. Normalization of behaviour.
    It worked for the homos, we just need to wag them in everyone's faces constantly.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

If you think posting picture will make a difference, you can join a Liberal forum and post away.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast