Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap arrows?

Wouldn't it be a fantastic job creation opportunity for native Canadians to set up shop manufacturing homemade arrows.
    Surely they could get Gov't funding, and who wouldn't buy an authentic Indian arrow.

Depends on where they source the components from. Last I heard no one in Canada is making carbon fiber shafts.

My BiL is set up to assemble his own. I'm sure if I stopped buying pre-fletched shafts, he'd put mine together too.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

"...an authentic Indian arrow..." Aside from that being racist, there's no such thing. 19th Century native arrows wouldn't stand up to a modern bow anyway.
    A great deal depends on what one considers to be 'cheap'. I think I paid close to $50 for a dozen cedar 3 fletch 25 or more years ago. Last time I looked(not recently) the Al hunting arrows I have were running $15 each. Somewhere around $100 per dozen.

Wooden arrows are best served for those oddball codgers who use recurve or long bows. Get with the times and go with a compound and shoot carbon shafts. Or if you've got deep pockets, Aluminum-carbon composites
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

I shoot 1911s and I thought a recurve would fit in with my style
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

6. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Grizz Axxemann (10-02-2019)

I'm a 1911 fan too, but I prefer compounds.

But then again, I've gotten rid of all but two of my bolt guns for MSRs. But I still have a preference for all steel, hammer fired autopistols.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12