Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does your trap club run in the winter?

Well?
    Does it?

I'm trying hard to have one trap house left functional for the winter, in case we get some good shooting weather.
    They won't leave the voice pulls in, but I've got kids who will push the button.
    They usually put the throwers up on blocks in case the houses flood in the spring.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

I dont currently have a club, but none of my previous clubs have ran in the winter. Very hard on the equipment when it gets cold.

Yes, the hardcore trap guys are out there rain, snow, sleet, hail..... 12 months of the year.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Yes. Those guys are out there till dark year round at my club.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Yes.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Clubs in Southern Ontario remain open year round. There is a quite active winter trap league although it can be damn cold on a windy day at HAHA or Waterdown.

RobertMcC
    Yup they snowblow paths and such. While keeping other ranges closed.

Here in Winnipeg few are committed enough to shoot through a Manitoba winter. Plus the club is in an open area so if we have a bad winter the snow drifts pile up around the clubhouse and trap fields. One spring it took one day with a loader tractor to clear the parking lot and another day with a dozen volunteers with snow blowers and shovels to open for the first weekend.

Not sure how much shooting we have left this year. Tuesday is supposed to be 20 and sunny followed by snow Wednesday. Weather is supposed to be crappy right through to next Sunday. I’m going to do my best to be there Tuesday
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Nose Hills used to shoot twice a week all winter long, then most of us got older and wiser. They still shoot in winter but I’m not sure how much. It might be easier to winterize yours and make the short drive on a nice winter day.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Hillbillyreefer

Dewey Cox (10-06-2019)

Kamloops was open 12 months a year when I lived there.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast