Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Colt 1911?

Colt has seen the light and has brought back "series 70" (more like 1911A1 pattern) guns in most of their lineup. You can get the Competition line in either style now.

With the purchase of a shim to fill the small gap in the frame that is milled away to make room for the Rube Goldberg series 80 junk you can easily ditch it all.

I give no credence to the "but you have a big hole for dirt to get into the firing pin channel" complainers. I grease the crap out of my guns and that area still doesn't get dirty beyond powder soot that wipes away with the grease.

Ruger, I think, went with a titanium firing pin as a far more elegant solution to the problem of appeasing the hand-wringers.

I probably said all of that before, but I don't feel like scrolling back to check

(My worst SAM was the high end model in stainless that looked like it had been milled out by a beaver with Parkinsons. It made Norinco look petty. They even mis-matched the grips - beveled on one side and magwell cut on the other - quaLoLty control)
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    (My worst SAM was the high end model in stainless that looked like it had been milled out by a beaver with Parkinsons. It made Norinco look petty. They even mis-matched the grips - beveled on one side and magwell cut on the other - quaLoLty control)
    My SAM, because they ship them with too light of a recoil spring, the spring guide bashed the barrel link area to crap. Good thing was. the machining was better then most Norc 1911s. The extended ejector always bent up on a hard mag insertion. The thing loved pelting cases in my face.

Mine was a gift. If it wasn't, Id sell it. I had it out last week, and thing was jamming. Yet the CZ with a shorter chamber, was running that ammo fine.

Started the transfer friday and was done today, this is the norc I picked up just cause I liked how it felt.
    Has a green fibre front sight, the pachmyr grips, and the ambi safety, all things I wanted to try so this will at least tell me if I like the add ons. And cheap enough to sell it for what I paid.

20191118_214130.jpg
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

kennymo (11-18-2019), road kill (11-19-2019)

The price is the same reason I bought a Norinco, and they work. I like the look of those grips, will be getting some better grips for mine this winter.

Should be going out to the range tomorrow for a ppc shoot and I'll bring the norc for it.
    Right now the only issue I can find is that the mags are sometimes sticky in it.

I knew the 1911s were going to multiply some day. My eye is still on either a colt gold cup but I've also been looking at the Bul Trophy, 'ipsc ready' and bling bling.

DSC095531 - Copy-1200x700.jpg

Aptet aut mori

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Should be going out to the range tomorrow for a ppc shoot and I'll bring the norc for it.
    Right now the only issue I can find is that the mags are sometimes sticky in it.

I knew the 1911s were going to multiply some day. My eye is still on either a colt gold cup but I've also been looking at the Bul Trophy, 'ipsc ready' and bling bling.
    1911s are rabbits, They multiply. I got 3, and had a few Ruger 22/45s. But probably owned over a dozen.

Ive been trying to get pops Canadian Forces Para, I want to engrave our tour dates on it. But I think he will notice the slide missing on the only Tan gun, in the safe with black guns.

What do you guys think about a Ruger SR 1911?

Quote Originally Posted by fubared View Post
    What do you guys think about a Ruger SR 1911?
    That is my main handgun.
    It's a good basic pistol, I'd go with the target over the basic model if I did it over again, the one I have shoots low.

Aptet aut mori

10. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

fubared (11-28-2019)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345