Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Colt 1911?

Banned
    Canít speak to the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Justify View Post
    Can’t speak to the new stuff.

2 posts and banned? Who was this clown?
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Grizz Axxemann

Waynetheman (11-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    2 posts and banned? Who was this clown?
    He was spamming some website on other threads, those posts were removed.
    Interestingly, spammers will join, make a couple half normal posts(like above), and then try and sneak a website link awkwardly into another post.
    Or they'll go back and edit a normal post to include a spam link in it
    *cue spooky music* They're evolving

Somewhat on topic, I got to handle a colt peacemaker from the early 1900s yesterday when I was paying for my norc 1911
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    He was spamming some website on other threads, those posts were removed.
    Interestingly, spammers will join, make a couple half normal posts(like above), and then try and sneak a website link awkwardly into another post.
    Or they'll go back and edit a normal post to include a spam link in it
    *cue spooky music* They're evolving

Somewhat on topic, I got to handle a colt peacemaker from the early 1900s yesterday when I was paying for my norc 1911
    Yeah we're seeing that a lot on the airgun forum. Normal posts, but them inserting a link in a word.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post

you can't end a sentence like that without pictures.
    there should be rules against that. and demerits. and bans for repeat offenders.

Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post

you can't end a sentence like that without pictures.
    there should be rules against that. and demerits. and bans for repeat offenders.

It was a nice peacemaker too, but not completely together yet. Waiting on some parts iirc
    He sold a blackpowder one not long ago too. Worth a pretty penny.

That's the nice thing about the local gun shops - get to see, handle, hear the stories behind personal collections. Do you get to see colt peacemakers at the cabelas? I think not.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Delta Elite is a great gun.

Lots of really good 1911 makers out there these days.

But if you really, really want a Colt 1911... go for it. TBH, I'm looking at the Ruger 10mm so that my Delta can sit in the safe.
    I keep looking at that Ruger too. I’d have it if I hadn’t bought the RIA in 10mm weeks before Ruger announced theirs.

Mind you the RIA has shown me that good 1911s CAN come from the Philippines, after batting 0 for 3 on SAM guns.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Got to shoot and fondle a Kimber 1911 45 acp that #2 son bought recently, very nice and a lot more refined than our NP 29's. It was a used gun and was giving a few feeding issues, it needed a cleaning for sure and the amount of effort it took to pull the slide back was more than I wanted to do. The Sig 1911 45acp I got to shoot this summer was very nice no hiccups with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Got to shoot and fondle a Kimber 1911 45 acp that #2 son bought recently, very nice and a lot more refined than our NP 29's. It was a used gun and was giving a few feeding issues, it needed a cleaning for sure and the amount of effort it took to pull the slide back was more than I wanted to do. The Sig 1911 45acp I got to shoot this summer was very nice no hiccups with that one.
    Well 9mm 1911 normally only have a 10# recoil spring. A 5" 45 ACP normally have about 16#, A commander 45 ACP is like 20-22#.

So sounds like someone played with the springs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I keep looking at that Ruger too. I’d have it if I hadn’t bought the RIA in 10mm weeks before Ruger announced theirs.

Mind you the RIA has shown me that good 1911s CAN come from the Philippines, after batting 0 for 3 on SAM guns.
    Yeah I dislike my SAM 1911 in 9mm.. I use it as a test gun for velocity/accuracy because that what gun I started load testing with. I just have it in a Hera Arms CPE, with a dot. But not sure if its accurate or my loads, I need to put some factory thru it.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Some or maybe all of the new Colts are Ďseries 80í. A lot of people donít seem to like the series 80 for reasons that escape me at the moment.

I am not well versed in all things Colt....
    Series 80 had a firing pin stop added.

It changed the trigger dynamic enough that some shooters didnít like it.

Donít know how if there were other issues with the trigger stop setup.

As for quality, Colt had issues with everything for a time because they terminated much of their experienced workforce.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234