Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkey/Syria

Thanks, Hillary.

I was always 70/30 on my opinion of Trump. Him betraying the Kurds has me completely anti Trump now. Loyalty to those you fought with above all else
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

From Renaissance Horizon:

Turkey says they will retaliate against the west with their own sanctions

At least three countries have suspended arms sales to Turkey. Norway, Finland, and the Netherlands.

It is very likely that many more will follow suit. It also looks very likely that some nations will place economic sanctions on Turkey.

Turkey buys vast amounts of weaponry from Western nations. Over the past few years, Turkey has been working towards producing its own military vehicles, but even then they rely heavily on foreign parts.

The new domestic attack helicopter, that Turkey is so proud of, relies on Italy to make the engine and transmission. The anticipated domestic Turkish tank, which is not in service yet, will use large amounts of South Korean parts.

Turkey's only real regional allies are Azerbaijan, Qatar, occupied Northern Cyprus, the collapsing GNA government of Lybia, and radical Jihadist and Turkic ethnic-nationalist militant groups. Ukraine has come to be somewhat of an allied based around their mutual conflicts with Russia. In Central Asia, Pakistan and the ethnic Turkic nations will probably more or less stand by them.

On the other hand, Turkey has ongoing conflicts with the Greeks, Armenians, Kurds, and Shiites. Along with deteriorating relations with the EU and most of the Sunni Arab states.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

https://www.newser.com/story/281643/...mpaign=rss_top

Turkey Boasts Big Victory in Syria
    As the Arab League condemns 'Turkey's aggression'

(Newser) – Turkey's military said it captured a key Syrian border town under heavy bombardment Saturday in its most significant gain since an offensive against Kurdish fighters began four days ago, with no sign of relenting despite mounting international criticism, the AP reports. Turkish troops entered central Ras al-Ayn, according to Turkey's Defense Ministry and a war monitor group. The ministry tweeted: "Ras al-Ayn's residential center has been taken under control through the successful operations in the east of Euphrates" River. It marked the biggest gain made by Turkey since the invasion began Wednesday. The continued push by Turkey into Syria comes days after President Trump pulled US forces out of the area and said he wanted to stop getting involved with "endless wars."

Turkish troops and allied Syrian opposition fighters have made gains recently capturing several northern villages in fighting and bombardment that left dozens of people killed or wounded. The invasion also has forced nearly 100,000 people to flee their homes. The Syrian Democratic Forces, or SDF, said the United States should carry out its "moral responsibilities" and close northern Syrian airspace to Turkish warplanes, but that it didn't want the US to send its soldiers "to the front lines and put their lives in danger." During a meeting Saturday in Cairo, the 22-member Arab League condemned what it described as "Turkey's aggression against Syria" and warned that Ankara will be responsible for the spread of terrorism following its invasion.

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    I was always 70/30 on my opinion of Trump. Him betraying the Kurds has me completely anti Trump now. Loyalty to those you fought with above all else
    As far as I know the Kurds have always been willing to fight their own battle, all they've ever asked for is heavy arms. Even during the fight against ISIS, I saw an interview with a Kurdish leader, they touched on the Brits and Americans who came to volunteer with them. He said that's great, but we have plenty of fighters, what we need is arms.

Just send them arms, they'll do the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    As far as I know the Kurds have always been willing to fight their own battle, all they've ever asked for is heavy arms. Even during the fight against ISIS, I saw an interview with a Kurdish leader, they touched on the Brits and Americans who came to volunteer with them. He said that's great, but we have plenty of fighters, what we need is arms.

Just send them arms, they'll do the rest.
    But it sounds like many of these kurdish groups are communist/marxist, so why are we wasting our time with them? Did everyone forget what these communist/marxist groups are like? Can you imagine in the future a new enemy communist state called Kurdistan?

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    But it sounds like many of these kurdish groups are communist/marxist, so why are we wasting our time with them? Did everyone forget what these communist/marxist groups are like? Can you imagine in the future a new enemy communist state called Kurdistan?
    That's digging way deeper than any knowledge I have on the issue. I know they were instrumental in the fight against ISIS, while Turkey sat back, denied U.S. access to it's air bases, and supported ISIS at very least by buying oil from them.

I sure as heck don't trust Erdogan.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    That's digging way deeper than any knowledge I have on the issue. I know they were instrumental in the fight against ISIS, while Turkey sat back, denied U.S. access to it's air bases, and supported ISIS at very least by buying oil from them.

I sure as heck don't trust Erdogan.
    Neither do I.

Several of the reports and videos that I posted describe the Kurds as being Marxist.

[edit]: several of those articles also mention antifa joining the marxist kurds. Tells you everything you need to know right there.
    Last edited by joe6167; 10-13-2019 at 11:01 PM.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By joe6167

IJ22 (10-14-2019)

The Kurds are not politicaly homogenous, so I am painting with a broad brush here.

One of the biggest Kurdish military groups is the PKK, and its straight up Marxist and has carried out full on terrorist attacks in Turkey over several decades.

In Syria, the YPG is just a rebranded PKK.

So the Turks, who have a large Kurd population are unimpressed with having a Kurdish pseudo state on the border, because its a base of operations for the PKK to operate in Turkey.

The Kurds were anti ISIS, but thats because they want an autonomous or independent Kurdistan.

Kurdish military units have treated Assyrian Christians poorly...both historicaly and recently and Kurds were on the Ottoman side of the Armenian Genocide and were full participants in the plunder rape and murder.

Also, in the multipolar Syrian situation, expect the YPG to ally with Assad to try and hold the frontier, so they are unlikley to get wiped out.

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By ilikemoose

IJ22 (10-14-2019), joe6167 (10-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoose View Post
    So the Turks, who have a large Kurd population are unimpressed with having a Kurdish pseudo state on the border
    Yup, they are terrorists according to the Turks. Ironically, those same Turks consider Fatah and Hamas to be freedom fighters. Go figure. I had heard that the Turkish Navy has surrounded Cyprus now too. What point are they trying to make there, I wonder? Asserting "the occupation"?

So apparently Assad reached a deal and the Kurds are surrendering territory to Syria to counter Turkey. Meanwhile a crapload of ISIS prisoners have escaped (been released). Should have hung them while they had the chance. The US got the two Beatles out though.

I have a feeling the Kurds' national aspirations are SOL again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast