‘Band of Brothers’ follow-up being produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg

The new drama is called Masters of the Air and is based on the book by Donald L. Miller. According to JoBlo, it is said to follow the true, deeply personal story of the American bomber boys in World War II who brought the war to Hitler’s doorstep.

Masters of the Air will be executive produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, who together delivered the 1998 classic war movie Saving Private Ryan and it’s being written by Band of Brothers‘ John Orloff, who is also a co-executive producer.

Apple secured the follow-up to Band of Brothers and The Pacific after establishing its own in-house studio called Masters. Managing the studio are renowned video gurus Zack Van Amburg and Jamie Erlicht.

The new series will be featured as a main attraction for Apple TV+, the company’s upcoming streaming service which is set to launch in March, 2020.

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Drache

awndray (10-11-2019), elliott264 (10-11-2019), firemachine69 (10-12-2019), Lee Enfield (10-11-2019), lone-wolf (10-12-2019), Rory McCanuck (10-11-2019), Zinilin (10-11-2019)

I hope it's not sponsored by Gillette.

Great news. My son gave me B of B for Christmas a few years ago and watched the entire series on the 26th.

I can't wait to see this new show. BofB,SPR and The Pacific are classic.
    When I was younger,I blew half a fortune on cheap whisky and wild women. The rest,I just wasted.--Capt.Jonathan Hillstrand F/V Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by spider69 View Post
    I can't wait to see this new show. BofB,SPR and The Pacific are classic.
    I know the other 2, and have watched them, what is SPR?
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

Saving Private Ryan. Another Hanks flick.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

lone-wolf (10-12-2019)

Spielberg's Dad was a P-51 pilot. If you start noticing it, the airplanes often seem to have smart bombs in his movies. The end scene of Saving Private Ryan, or Empires of the Sun both have heroic anachronistic precision bombing as a turning point. I like Tom Hanks though. Hopefully they can invoke enough people with knowledge, in 2019, that can get it somewhat right.

The real stories are some humdingers, like the POW in a German camp that had arranged through the Red Cross for a new wooden leg to be dropped by a bomber, and the Germans were upset to watch it turn towards Berlin after agreeing not to fire on it.