Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Lewis is the only candidate who would have a snowballs chance.
    Unfortunately the back room boys who pick the leader have probably already decided to “install” MacKay as CPC leader.

really are you a voting member of the CPC?

cause last time I checked the back room boys work over at the LPC,,,

no one at the CPC controls grass root votes

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

awndray (06-11-2020), Doug_M (06-11-2020), Magi (06-12-2020), shortandlong (06-17-2020), stewbud (06-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    Ya like Im 17 and joining the Army Gary,, that's the stupidest idea ever

MAN did I get an education 17 and stupid ideas ,,, Lord Strathcona's horse Royal Canadians ,, did I learn real quick what I didn't know LOL
    Always agreed with compulsory military service.
    Earn your citizenship and you appreciate and value it more.
    There’s no mandatory service stateside but a draft notice kinda made the decision for me.
    After 1 “re up” I figured my duty to God & country was done.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by stewbud View Post
    I suspect that plenty of the 'problems' the younger folks have would be cured with a couple of years of compulsory military service.

A short haircut, getting up early in the morning, and learning to work in teams (not world of warcraft teams) would do many a world of good.

Or it would be a great place to get pictures and fingerprints for the wanted posters ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    I have long said that every young person should spend a couple of years serving their country. Get them out of mom's house and out in the real world with real work and real responsibility and nobody to hold their hand. Society would be a much better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    Always agreed with compulsory military service.
    Earn your citizenship and you appreciate and value it more.
    There’s no mandatory service stateside but a draft notice kinda made the decision for me.
    After 1 “re up” I figured my duty to God & country was done.
    I'm also of the opinion that a bit of compulsory service would go a long way to fixing some of the problems in our society.

Our current education system is a total dumpster fire as it is. By the time the kids come out of high school, they are not ready for anything, to the point that 4 years in university are just an extension of high school. These kids have absolutely nothing together. I was lucky that I went through about 4 or 5 years of a$$ whopping on the machine shop floor before I went to arts school.

It was pretty sweet sitting in an air conditioned university lecture hall and not have to worry about getting yelled at, getting fired, getting mangled in heavy machinery, etc. Too bad the other children didn't appreciate that.

So yeah, maybe replace grade 12 with some kind of cadets service or something.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

^ ...or apprenticeships. They do that in some European countries I think.
    Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    ^ ...or apprenticeships. They do that in some European countries I think.
    I have an acquaintance from Brazil, he started training to become a pharmacist in Grade 8. Can’t use that training here unfortunately, simply because it’s not post secondary.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

What about knives for turd?

anything?

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    What about knives for turd?

anything?
    the dinner setting knives,,

he's not going till we throw the fool out

The way $#!+s building up, hopefully soon. I would take a 2 x 4 with a smiley face over it.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

manic29 (06-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Since we're seeing discussions about a possible early election, I thought I'd bump this thread.

http://chrystia.ca/ hasn't been updated yet, but I suspect it will soon be.

Related thread: https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...l=1#post743411
    From Lori Turnbull, director of the School of Public Administration at Dalhousie University and the deputy editor of Canadian Government Executive magazine, 2019:
    Mr. Trudeau will not lead the Liberal Party forever; Ms. Freeland is an obvious choice to replace him. There are examples in Canadian history of leaders saddling potential challengers with crushing, hopeless responsibilities that will surely tank their leadership aspirations. It might seem that this is what Mr. Trudeau is doing – dumping his worst problems on his strongest leadership opponent, with the hope that she will be overwhelmed by them.

But, again, he needs her to succeed. If she does, her CV truly is beyond reproach. She will be the minister who negotiated a new free-trade agreement with U.S. President Donald Trump and national unity with Premier Jason Kenney. And who could top that?

Her success will make her either an alarmingly competent leadership contender for Mr. Trudeau – or the best prime minister Canada never had.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ada-never-had/
    https://www.dal.ca/faculty/managemen...-turnbull.html

Turnbull was a client of mine when she worked with PCO. She knows what she's talking about.

The title of "deputy prime minister," it turns out, was not a symbolic gesture.

One might wonder whether other ministers — particularly those who imagine themselves one day succeeding Trudeau — could eventually chafe at Freeland's prominence or purview. But for the sake of ensuring that Trudeau isn't soon succeeded by the person the Conservative Party chooses as its next leader, Freeland's fellow ministers have to hope that she succeeds in helping this government get things done.

Whenever the next election comes, the Liberals need a record of achievement to run on and a leader who has been able to rehabilitate and re-frame his public image. A list of accomplishments would go a long way toward rehabilitating that leader.

With so much to do, and so much riding on getting it done, Trudeau has asked Freeland to shoulder a large share of the load.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jus...date-1.5395513
    Last edited by awndray; 06-19-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheb View Post
    All gunnies are welcome! Itís a nice and friendly place, you will love it.
    The problem with Albertans, is that they are a fickle bunch. Who knows when they'll elect the NDP again, to run the show? Then what?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast