Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    if something like that actually happened, you file a formal complaint with Election Canada.

That is voter fraud. The pollsters are not suppose to look at the ballot. Who you vote for is your business.
    pollsters aren't even supposed to touch your ''ticket'''.they're supposed to make sure YOU are sliding your folded ticket yourself in the box.over here,they just ask you to show you only have ONE ticket in your hand,then they ask you to put the ticket in the box's slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H® on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    pollsters aren't even supposed to touch your ''ticket'''.they're supposed to make sure YOU are sliding your folded ticket yourself in the box.over here,they just ask you to show you only have ONE ticket in your hand,then they ask you to put the ticket in the box's slot.
    After you've marked your X, but before you put it into the box, the pollster takes your ticket from you and without opening it checks that its the one he initialed (that was vote blank when you went in) and tears off the tab. Then he hands it back to you and you put your ballot into the voter box yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    After you've marked your X, but before you put it into the box, the pollster takes your ticket from you and without opening it checks that its the one he initialed (that was vote blank when you went in) and tears off the tab. Then he hands it back to you and you put your ballot into the voter box yourself.
    How important is the tear-off tab (counterfoil?)? I didn't know any better when I cast my vote, but I'm sure my ballot didn't have it when I first received it. Nothing was torn off my ballot when I handed it back to the guy behind the table to be checked.

What happens when I vote at a polling place?

Once you’re registered, here's what you can expect when you go to vote at your polling place.

1. When you enter the polling place, an election worker greets you and shows you to the right table.
    2. At your table, show your proof of identity and address.
    3. The election worker will initial, fold and hand you a ballot.
    4. Go behind the voting screen, mark and refold your ballot to keep it secret.
    5. Return your ballot to the worker so they can tear off the tab. (They remove the tab so that your ballot can't be traced back to you.)
    6. Put your ballot in the box.

-- https://www.elections.ca/content.asp...t=index&lang=e
    https://www.elections.ca/content2.as...otAtPol&lang=e

Roughly 4.7M ballots cast in advance polls, Elections Canada says

Oct 15 2019

More polling places, longer hours available this time

An estimated 4.7 million electors voted in the advance polls held across the country over the last four days, Elections Canada said Tuesday.

That figure is significantly higher than the number of votes cast in the advance polls in 2015. The total of votes cast during this advance poll period was 29 per cent higher than in the last federal election, when 3,657,415 electors put an "X" next to the name of their favoured candidate at advance polls.

This year's total does not include ballots cast at on-campus polling stations or those cast outside the advance poll period at local Elections Canada returning offices.

An estimated 111,300 electors voted at stations on college and university campuses last week versus the 70,000 who did so in 2015.

There were more advance polling locations on offer this time. In 2015, there were 4,946 polling stations, compared with the 6,135 that were open from Oct. 11 to Oct.14, 2019.

In both elections, voters had four days to go to the advance polls. However, people had more time to vote this year, as polls were open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. as opposed to noon to 8 p.m., in the last general election.

An estimated 1.2 million voters cast a ballot on Friday, 977,000 on Saturday, 915,000 on Sunday and about 1.6 million exercised their franchise on Thanksgiving Monday.

"More and more, Canadians are taking advantage of early voting opportunities to cast their ballots," said Mr. Stéphane Perrault, the chief electoral officer.

"Having extended voting hours at advance polls gave Canadians more flexibility to use this option. I want to thank returning officers for their careful planning and the thousands of election workers who made that possible."

Canadian citizens aged 18 years and over who have not yet cast a ballot can do so at a local polling station on election day, Monday.

hxxps://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/advance-poll-turnout-surges-1.5321915

I will say it again.

80e.jpg
    Government is your servant not your master.
    Taxation is theft.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Caralho

tdod101 (10-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Which is exactly how it went with me in Toronto.

And some of the poll workers looked like they took them right off the street in front of the homeless shelter.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSpeller View Post
    Which is exactly how it went with me in Toronto.

And some of the poll workers looked like they took them right off the street in front of the homeless shelter.
    days pay,,, and who knows they might be working hard to get into the middle class
    CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    if something like that actually happened, you file a formal complaint with Election Canada.

That is voter fraud. The pollsters are not suppose to look at the ballot. Who you vote for is your business.
    This happened when i voted in the ontario election. They take your ballot out of the black folder and look at it. Fold it then tear off a piece of paper. Secret ballot my ass
    Insert signature here

I voted at the returning office one day after work, weeks ago. No X marks the spot, you have to actually write in your candidate's name. Spelling counts! There was a steady trickle of working people in the brief time I was there. The blank ballot was initialed by the returning officer before she handed it to me. Then it went into a sealed envelope that the r.o. initialed. The one I dealt with never looked at my ballot. Then that envelope went into another envelope which was signed by me and the r.o. before I finally put it into the ballot box. Then my I.D. was returned to me. This entire process was kind of impressive. Never experienced it like that before. Don't know if that's the new standard, or just what they do when the printed ballots aren't available yet. I think the requirement to write in your candidate's name instead of just marking an X next to their party affiliation should be extended to all ballots. Spelling and penmanship might come back into fashion. Oh, wouldn't that just annoy those who need an app to cross the street?
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

12. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

IJ22 (10-17-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast