Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New law allows Florida teachers to carry guns inside the classroom

Teachers who volunteer to 'pack heat' have (to meet) a long list of requirements, including passing drug tests, psychological exams, and over 100 hours of training.

Retired Maryland State Police Captain Jack McCauley speaking in the Maryland Senate for CCW reform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUaPDiW-GY

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Wendell

killer kane (10-16-2019), TheMerlin (10-16-2019)

It'll be interesting to see the rates of high risk situations in counties that implement these options, vs the rates in counties where the bed wetters are the majority.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

4. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

killer kane (10-16-2019)

i'm not sure teachers is the part of the staff who should be armed. there's too many situations in a classroom where a gun at the waist would be somehow unconfortable to carry.not counting the always little clowns in every class who might want to make fun of the teacher pick pocketing it while walking in the room where student desks are tightly lined up in row ..

i'd prefer to see the maintenance staff carrying in stealth mode. nobody knows WHO is packing heat concealed.

also, techn ically speaking,it means the '''good guns''' are already in the classrooms.that means an invevitable shooting in the middle of a filled room.

since the attackers would know X teachers are armed,the teacher would be the first target to put down.

in the case of a student landing at school with a gun,he might be identifiable BEFORE entering the clssroom except of course if the said gun is a handgun.otherwise, you can't hide a long gun in the typical backpack,so a maintenance staff member would make more sens, he could engage the wanna be serial killer before actually entering the students filled room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION Hģ on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Teachers who volunteer to 'pack heat' have (to meet) a long list of requirements, including passing drug tests, psychological exams, and over 100 hours of training.
    Having dated a couple teachers - good luck with that.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Grimlock

Stew (10-16-2019), TheMerlin (10-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    i'm not sure teachers is the part of the staff who should be armed. there's too many situations in a classroom where a gun at the waist would be somehow unconfortable to carry.not counting the always little clowns in every class who might want to make fun of the teacher pick pocketing it while walking in the room where student desks are tightly lined up in row ..

i'd prefer to see the maintenance staff carrying in stealth mode. nobody knows WHO is packing heat concealed.

also, techn ically speaking,it means the '''good guns''' are already in the classrooms.that means an invevitable shooting in the middle of a filled room.

since the attackers would know X teachers are armed,the teacher would be the first target to put down.

in the case of a student landing at school with a gun,he might be identifiable BEFORE entering the clssroom except of course if the said gun is a handgun.otherwise, you can't hide a long gun in the typical backpack,so a maintenance staff member would make more sens, he could engage the wanna be serial killer before actually entering the students filled room.
    I don't agree, in my case, I've had a couple of altercations with students that escalated in the classroom, more armed, trained deterrents the better.
    Green is the new Red

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By killer kane

CLW .45 (10-17-2019), Swingerguy (10-16-2019)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I'll second that good luck. I lived with one for over a year....and met many of her co-workers. The music teacher friend who was on a spread of mood altering medications who thought she was fine to ignore her doctor and "self medicate" with random doses...she was the best. LOOPY AS A FRICKIN LOON.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post

The person who needs to be armed is the one who confronts the killer.

That means teacher, janitor, parent, grandparent, clerk, admin, visitor, delivery man, even police officer.

That means simply getting the government out of the way.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

Swingerguy (10-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Not all teachers are bat-s**t crazy, there are good ones out there. I don’t know any and have never seen one, but much like the Sasquatch, they are out there.

On a serious note, I think any teacher that would volunteer to carry concealed is probably far more normal than most. They probably think a gun is a tool and not a mystical creature that is going to go on a killing a spree.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Swingerguy

CLW .45 (10-16-2019), killer kane (10-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    They probably think a gun is a tool and not a mystical creature that is going to go on a killing a spree.
    On CGN yesterday someone related a story of a recent trip to Canada Post. Somehow the Postal woman found out that it was a firearm, and promptly informed him that Canada Post doesn't ship firearms. He showed her the Canada Post website where it says it does, and she told him the website was wrong. He insisted, and she phoned her boss who confirmed Canada Post does ship firearms, and she said she'd ship it but the boss was wrong. Then she wanted to declare it as hazardous material. He informed her that a gun without gun powder is a stick, like a baseball bat, and not hazardous. She was pretty sure it would go off without gunpowder or cartridges, but eventually relented and shipped it without hazardous labeling. (It arrived at its destination on the expected date without damage.)

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    They probably think a gun is a tool and not a mystical creature that is going to go on a killing a spree.
    I've heard that American teachers are issued magical ammunition that turns to dust if the bullet hits the wall rather than ricochet. (most schools have concrete hallways for fire safety)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast