Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    There’s one major flaw with western separation. Namely AB will still have to sell its oil at a discount to the US. There would be no pipeline to to pacific guaranteed and certainly not one to the east either.
    True but we could then command world price to the rest of Canada instead of paying them to take it ala transfer payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    Not to mention the Canadian market would become a foreign market with all the issues it brings. A landlocked nation of 4 million is going to have major trading issues to deal with, not impossible but very difficult.
    You are right however remember every other province shipping west had better keep in good with AB IF they separate. Same with all goods arriving at the port of Vancouver heading east face a huge obstacle as well.

Personally hope the consider it as if you think eastern Canada give a rats arse about the west give your head a shake.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    True but we could then command world price to the rest of Canada instead of paying them to take it ala transfer payments.
    ON and QC get their's from the US. Atlantic Canada gets their's from Saudi Arabia. Why would they start buying it from AB after it separated?
    Dictionary of the future:
    Global Warming was a popular computer simulation game,
    where the only way to win was not to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    ON and QC get their's from the US. Atlantic Canada gets their's from Saudi Arabia. Why would they start buying it from AB after it separated?
    Most of Onatario and Quebec's oil actually comes from Western Canada. Quebec refineries used to import from overseas but that changed with the line 9 reversal to montreal. The majority of the oil used on the east coast comes from overseas while some western canadian oil is brought into the irving refinery by rail.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By oilman28

killer kane (10-17-2019)

I live about 100 yards from the tracks.
    Those oil trains are loooong and heavy.
    They seem to go past quite often.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    I live about 100 yards from the tracks.
    Those oil trains are loooong and heavy.
    They seem to go past quite often.
    $$$$
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Rory McCanuck (10-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    While we talk about Alberta separating, I suspect such a movement would not be as simple as that. Sask seems extremely interested in coming with us and most of BC, outside of the lower mainland, would also be happy to get rid of the eastern creeps & bombs currently running the country into the ground.

AB, SK and the north half of BC would be an economic powerhouse with access to the Pacific Ocean. Sure, we'd have to build a major port but that won't take too long.

The thing that would be more interesting would be the ROC reaction to such a split in the country. I'd bet that ROC would be on its knees begging us to stay and giving us anything we wanted. Isn't that how it happened with the economic drag, welfare state that is QC?
    What about the yukon and NWT?

I still think building pipelines to the northwest passage would be our greatest bet. The northern ice is melting, and china and russia are already taking advantage of these shipping lanes
    tdod101 - signing off. Goodbye.

This thread went from a guy shooting at cops and getting away with it to oil trains.

Bravo
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    This thread went from a guy shooting at cops and getting away with it to oil trains.

Bravo
    We're multi-issue constituents....or someone yelled "squirrel"...
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Rory McCanuck (10-20-2019)

I wonder if civil disobedience will be punished as lightly when firearm owners refuse to turn in their AR-15s...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast