n00b Shipping Questions

Hey guys,

Got a total n00b question for ya lads. I could muck about the Canada Post and CFC websites, or I could just ask the brain trust. If I have ammo, or maybe even a gun, shipped out to to me what's the deal with the pickup? I'm guessing it requires a signature, but does it have to be mine? I've got a day job and am at work when the postman cometh. But, would it work if I have it shipped to my Dad's place or something? He's a retired Mountie with a POL and lots of free time.
    "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."
    ―HK-47

Canadian ForcesGOC Supreme commander zulu's Avatar
    Mostly a signature yes but if your not home it will just got back to the post office branch and u can pick it up when u have a chance.

www.saskatoongunworks.com/ blaxsun's Avatar
    Ammunition can't be shipped through Canada Post (someone like CanPar, DHL or UPS has to be used).
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."

As long as someone is at the place and is Sixteen and older they can sign for it.No licence is needed.Have done it many times here.

Edit: It may be 18
    Member of CSSA , NFA and the OFAH
    Waterloo County Revolver Association
    “I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
    - J.B Books in The Shootist 1976-John Wayne

I found ammo to be more of a pain than firearms; I barely caught the UPS guy, and if I had missed him, the closest depot was forty minutes away.
    CSSA CCFR

Awesomesauce guys! Thanks for the help, brain trust. Fist bumps for all.
    "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."
    ―HK-47