Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saw the article, all it means is that there were an insufficient number of tory voters in eastern Canada.

Friends don't remain silent in times of need.

Silent? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Maybe the 416 should have less ridings.
    It's not just the 416 area, Toronto is red and I fully expected them to vote red. What did make a big difference, surprised me and I still find hard to comprehend is how red the 905 area went. As to "proportional representation" and it's many variants, if it ever happens we will never see another conservative government.
    Remember May 1, 2020 when they say: "we don't want your guns."
    The Turd Reich, where the law abiding get moistly shafted!

We need to start over. Republic of Canada.

Eastern voices in support of western issues never really broke the surface during the campaign (as in garnering national airtime). At least not enough to matter.

Edit...this in response to awndray's query above. Meant to reply with quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Burke View Post
    Some I've met have even complained about the 10 minute walk across campus to go from the residences to Class.
    Many of them consider looking up from their phones while crossing the street to be an overly burdensome request.

It would be nice if this was simply a CPC or Liberal/NDP/etc issue.

But that's not at all the root of this. Harper (and yes, Kenney) did not address the systemic issues that cripple the resource provinces during their tenure. On the contrary, they solidified the wealth transfer on many fronts, and took a pass on other (equalization). Mulroney was no different. There are countless "conservatives" throughout Canada who have fully supported the wealth bleed from Alberta --> Canada. Moreover, the conservative parties (including the CPC) have made a point of insuring it remains institutionalized.

Now, that's not saying that a "conservative" government isn't traditionally better for Alberta. It is. However if you're cold and looking for a way to warm up, rolling around in a steaming pile of cow sh*t is better than lighting yourself on fire too. I don't think either is a particularly effective solution to the problem though.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Soph

Hillbillyreefer (10-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    It's not just the 416 area, Toronto is red and I fully expected them to vote red. What did make a big difference, surprised me and I still find hard to comprehend is how red the 905 area went. As to "proportional representation" and it's many variants, if it ever happens we will never see another conservative government.
    Not just Toronto, all Ottawa riding except one on the rural edge went Lieberal as usual -

I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12