Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All prescription lenses are not necessarily safety lenses. The lenses need to be polycarbonate to be considered safety lenses and then their is the issue of the frames may or may not be considered "safety" as well.

"Regardless of their size or the durability of the frame and lenses, regular prescription eyeglasses do not qualify as safety glasses unless they meet specific criteria."

Prescription glass are expensive. No need to scratch it up with flying brass.

I just use over the counter safety glass you can get in any hardware store. Just get the kind that fit over your prescription.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By linung

pewpew62 (10-25-2019)

Minister of Silly Walks pewpew62's Avatar
    I brought my Oakley Turbine sunglasses to the spectacle shop recommended by the eye surgeon. I really like them except they weren’t polarized (not ideal for the boat) and had a small scratch on one lens. They are grinding me a set of clear bifocal shooting Rx to mount in them.

This way, if I have any issues, I can pay them a visit. And the dough I saved on frames will go towards some new Oakley - Daniel Defense sunglasses.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By pewpew62

SIR VEYOR (11-02-2019)

"...scratch it up with flying brass..." If brass hitting 'em will scratch the lenses, they were not expensive prescription glasses.
    Regular prescription eye glasses are impact resistant. That's all you need.
    I have a pair of "Official" safety glasses I paid a buck for. Clearest friggin' cheap safety glasses I've ever had. No distortion spots in the plastic at all. Regular prescription eye glasses are not plastic.
    Lotta the shooting sports do not allow dot sights. The dots are usually too big anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Lotta the shooting sports do not allow dot sights.
    Bullseye, IPSC, IDPA, ICORE, NRA Action Pistol, 3GN, Steel Challenge allow dots. I guess PPC still doesn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12