Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini14 Group

... the first thing I did with my Ruger M77 MKII Allweather was install a Timney custom Trigger and set it to 3 pounds.
    The incumbent factory trigger was true to Ruger tradition and at least 8 pounds and creepy as old heck.
    Even a good shot shooting from solid basic principles would have sacrificed at least 1 MOA to that crappy trigger.
    My 77 was very accurate and that kinda made it an unofficial Ruger 1 in 1000 (a Winchester designation).
    Not many stock Rugers I shot could be justifiably be accused of accuracy.
    That 77 Allweather is a lifetime keeper.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

My 10-22 is actually very accurate, it's an early 70's model. Never had the urge to buy a 77 but recently picked up a No.1. The Mini 14's I shot never impressed me at all, they were all mid to late 70's units. Good for strafing coyotes on the run, aw jeeez the good old days no mag limits of 5 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    My 10-22 is actually very accurate, it's an early 70's model. Never had the urge to buy a 77 but recently picked up a No.1. The Mini 14's I shot never impressed me at all, they were all mid to late 70's units. Good for strafing coyotes on the run, aw jeeez the good old days no mag limits of 5 rounds.
    You know you’re been buying guns for quite a few years when you beat the odds and get an accurate out of the box Ruger rifle. 1 in 50 years is about average.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    You know you’re been buying guns for quite a few years when you beat the odds and get an accurate out of the box Ruger rifle. 1 in 50 years is about average.
    Well it's for damn sure I won't get another in 50 more years. I would set a new old age record.

It is just beyond explanation how Ruger continues to successfully sell such a POS rifle at such a high price? SKS might be garbage but at least they are cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12