Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Some talk is they are also looking to ban the sale of gas and 2 stroke especially tools like lawnmowers/chainsaws by 2035 as well. Should be a fun time having to buy a electric ride on mower to cut your grass every week for those living on acreage!
    It's not just talk. I think it's been posted here not long ago. They now want to build a registry of all current consumer gas powered law care equipment...

* edit *
    ...and I see there are several posts in this thread in the subject. I shoulda kept scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Are you the file on the workbench, or the 3 file strokes every “tank” type?

Oregon bench grinder.

20210407_142821.jpg

20210407_142800.jpg
    Last edited by Swampdonkey; 04-07-2021 at 03:36 PM.

in case you get stuck in a bonsai forest
    https://i.imgur.com/IKbwQCY.mp4
    Last edited by Stew; 04-06-2021 at 05:37 PM.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    in case you get stuck in a bonsai forest
    https://i.imgur.com/IKbwQCY.mp4
    AvE of youtube fame has one. He opens the boxes of his new tools with it. Lol. He hacked open a new Milwaukee grease gun and found out that the bag it comes with went right to the end of the box. Ooooops.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Stew (04-07-2021)

My friend who bought a brand new 20" blade gas chainsaw 2 years ago and lent it to another friend for a couple of weeks who wanted to cut down a couple of big trees in his backyard and then cut the logs for use as firewood asked me to help him get it started this last Monday for the first time since he loaned it out so he could cut a White Cedar in his backyard. We tried everything we knew for about 2-3 hours, including draining the gas tank and going out and buying new premium gas to mix the 40:1 2 stroke fuel, using octane booster, replacing the plug and checking for good spark. We did get it to run a couple of times for about a few seconds before cutting out again.

We then called his buddy who borrowed it and after asking him a bunch of questions it appears he was having problems too after his first tank of gas which it came full with, and while cutting the logs into 16" lengths he decided to work out why and then pulled the saw apart and played with the carb. Then the killer came when we asked him what gas he used while using it and he said the same as his lawnmower, a 4 stroke!

We drove it back over to him and said it is yours now unless you get it working as well as it was when he got it. My buddy then went out and bought another one to use and is going to ask his "buddy" to reimburse him for it.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

7. The Following User Liked This Post By M1917 Enfield

Rory McCanuck (04-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    AvE of youtube fame has one. He opens the boxes of his new tools with it. Lol. He hacked open a new Milwaukee grease gun and found out that the bag it comes with went right to the end of the box. Ooooops.
    I was talking with a friend of my daughter who works for Sport Chek and she was saying her store was recently having a 5% loss rate on clothing cut/sliced by boxcutters from staff opening them in a hurry. Sometimes they only find out when a customer points the cut out either in the store or when doing a return and some of the coats and jackets being returned with cuts where ones selling for $300 or more. The culprit was a fresh out of school new hire who even after being told repeatedly to be more careful kept doing it until they used covid as an excuse to not bring him back.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Went to the local forest and garden store this afternoon to drop chains off for sharpening. With covid there is nothing on the shelves - no chains, no saws and no idea when they will get some in. Shortages everywhere

Know your knives........................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

11. The Following User Liked This Post By barkerlakebob

LB303 (04-20-2021)

Got some good practice today. I don't sharpen my chains. I can't be bothered. Dealer was out of the Stihl branded chains, so I grabbed an Oregon. Slapped it on and gave the MS170 a little workout.

20210419_152731.jpg

20210419_152717.jpg

signal-2021-04-19-153809.jpg

All 4 fell exactly where I wanted them. Makes me a little sad to cut maples, but the branches were rotting at the top and falling, two of them leaned a little toward the house, and they're smack in front of the front door. They'll make nice heating wood.

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By awndray

blacksmithden (04-19-2021), Dewey Cox (04-19-2021), Rory McCanuck (04-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Got some good practice today. I don't sharpen my chains. I can't be bothered. Dealer was out of the Stihl branded chains, so I grabbed an Oregon. Slapped it on and gave the MS170 a little workout.

20210419_152731.jpg

20210419_152717.jpg

signal-2021-04-19-153809.jpg

All 4 fell exactly where I wanted them. Makes me a little sad to cut maples, but the branches were rotting at the top and falling, two of them leaned a little toward the house, and they're smack in front of the front door. They'll make nice heating wood.
    Are you sure those are Maples, they look more like tall straight softwoods, especially their core.

Fresh cut Maple logs look more like this -

Cedars and some other softwoods except for spruce and white pine have a dark inner core unlike most Maples which are almost white except for a small slightly darker core.

These are all fresh cut softwood logs