Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    RobertMcC has a good one, but DIY a great route when death and liability comes into play. Also, it seems what can look useful, rapidly becomes wildly impractical when actually being used. This wheels been invented, and at a few price points and usability levels.
    How is the DIY any more dangerous than the commercial made one? Both made out of angle iron, both have holes drilled in it, both will have a anchor point. And you can paint it to match your roof, then a big ugly orange thing on your roof. Commercial one can be useless if you don't put enough screws thru. Since ultimately that what gonna support you, Is the screws.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

SIR VEYOR (11-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    How is the DIY any more dangerous than the commercial made one? Both made out of angle iron, both have holes drilled in it, both will have a anchor point. And you can paint it to match your roof, then a big ugly orange thing on your roof. Commercial one can be useless if you don't put enough screws thru. Since ultimately that what gonna support you, Is the screws.
    I agree, but liability is next big step in any possible litigation. Commercial product installed by a “professional” vs DIY by homeowner is where I’m going.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    We had a local rigging business go belly up after just a few years from not properly evaluating the full cost of rigging when liability is included. I used to be 100% DIY, but since then I've become a bit more weary...
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political rightís agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldnít find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By firemachine69

SIR VEYOR (11-04-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12