Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: G19x anyone?

G19x anyone?

Surprised there's no chatter about it here.

Anyone getting one?
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

I just found this thread, but no recent posts about it:

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...-19X-announced

Anyway, Rampart's got them, probably a couple of others as well, but Rampart's got the IOP on these.

Thinking about getting one, the lowest IOP pricing is decent, but they sub out the Glock Night Sights for plastic fixed ones. Trying to decide if I need those night sights for an extra $80.
    “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

Boring things get set aside...……………….. that's better. I've shot Glocks but don't own one.

RobertMcC
    I see no point of it. 8mm less of a barrel. But a 17 frame, Might as well just get a 17.

The grip is different from the gen5 G17. It doesn't have the cutout at the front.

I'd have to see it and hold it to make my opinion. On the pictures the proportions seem a little odd.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    The grip is different from the gen5 G17. It doesn't have the cutout at the front.

I'd have to see it and hold it to make my opinion. On the pictures the proportions seem a little odd.
    Well It's still a Glock 17 frame. Despite the cut out or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Well It's still a Glock 17 frame. Despite the cut out or not.
    Yes it is. I wonder why they didn't put the same cutout as the G17.

Concerning the odd proportions, I'm referring to the larger frame / shorter barrel and slide.

I'd probably go with a regular G19, if I was looking for a compact gun.

I ordered one, just to see what the fuss was all about.

I like it. The lack of finger grooves and the ambi release are both positives for me in terms of handling and ergonomics. And my shallow side likes the colour as well.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I see no point of it. 8mm less of a barrel. But a 17 frame, Might as well just get a 17.
    slightly lighter slide means less muzzle flip.....in theory. right now it»'s viewed as the best ccw glock in the usa. everybody wants one. i'd like to get a hand on one to see by myself.

805$ out the door is the best price i've seen so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H® on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast