Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    So I took a couple shits with it today just to get a feel for it. Didn't have any targets so I set up some plastic bottles to try and give it a rough sight in. I must say it does not like 180gr federal blue box. They were all over the place. Next I tried some Hornady precision hunter 178gr and it did OK. Finally I tired some of my 175gr Sierra match kings and it seemed to like those. I'll have to try it out at the range and see what I can do for groupings. I may pick up some Sierra game kings as well and see if it likes those as a hunting round
    next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    5 boxes of "Federal Premium Gold Medal 308 WIN, 168gr Sierra Match King BTHP"
    https://theammosource.com/federal-pr...tch-king-bthp/
    (recommended by youtube VCWMxW3EOtk?t=350 )
    I'll most likely be running the 175gr SMK through it since I get them in bulk for the M40A1 anyways

I sighted in with federal 150 grain this morning. No real attempts at grouping yet as I had other matters.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    next ?
    Was trying to find a hunting round for it

My BCL likes 150 gr SST's the best so far.

I expect the rest of my troy 102 experience to be positive because there is a lot of potential positives from my 10 rounds.

I will say the coating on this rifle is absolutely abysmal.

I will have to paint it in a month or less

400 yards (picture is upside down). Federal 308, 150g soft point. "Cheap stuff"
    The 3rd shot (highest one) I flinched

Would have gone for 2 more shots but my dog ran out by the target20191124_135045.jpg

Could not have been much of a flinch- group is still - .75 MOA.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

I used my troy 102 exclusively for hunting this year. Set up a lot of stands, some stalking and other things.

This gun is heavy as I stated before. Using a tactical 2 point sling helped a lot walking through the bush but this gun is long in the bush.

After 3 weeks of solid use it looks like its 10 years old, a lot of coating rubbed off. An unimpressive amount.

Did some bench rest target shooting as well. I cleaned it once, no misfeed, no ejection issues.

The gun got dropped on a gravel road as well. The upper is looser on the lower and I suspect it will require steel bushings machined in at the pin holes in the future

I shot a hair over 1 moa at 500. At 600 my vortex viper hs scope was to maxed out for any consistency.
    Last edited by Hillbillyh; 12-05-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Sold my 102 to a dude in the next city.

It's been real

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12