Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    there is FIRE,,
    CSSA

seems people are over reacting, she wasn't suspended for not wearing a rainbow, but pushing an agenda

"On Wednesday evening a story about two students at Stonewall Collegiate being directed to wear a rainbow poppy by a choir director went viral. One protested by posting signs throughout the school filled with online comments disparaging the movement of the rainbow poppy.

The 17-year-old has since been suspended until after Remembrance Day for her campaign, being told she was spreading “hate speech.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    seems people are over reacting, she wasn't suspended for not wearing a rainbow, but pushing an agenda
    Actually it seems she was suspended for pushing BACK against an agenda.

"On Wednesday evening a story about two students at Stonewall Collegiate being directed to wear a rainbow poppy by a choir director went viral. One protested by posting signs throughout the school filled with online comments disparaging the movement of the rainbow poppy.
    Disparaging the movement of the rainbow poppy is proper, just and righteous. As is disparaging the movement of ANY substitute poppy around Remembrance Day.

Also nothing on her poster was "hate speech". The lesbian student (I posted the tweet) said it best, this is just straight white SJW's pushing something nobody really wants, including LGBTQ themselves.
    Last edited by Doug_M; 11-08-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    Dictionary of the future:
    Global Warming was a popular computer simulation game,
    where the only way to win was not to play.

4. The Following 15 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Aniest (11-09-2019), coastal (11-10-2019), firemachine69 (11-08-2019), Hidyn (11-10-2019), M1917 Enfield (11-08-2019), Magi (11-08-2019), Mark-II (11-08-2019), P-B. (11-11-2019), Relic49 (11-08-2019), Rory McCanuck (11-08-2019), srdiver (11-10-2019), Suputin (11-08-2019), TheMerlin (11-08-2019), Waterloomike (11-08-2019), wrencher (11-08-2019)

"CityNews Winnipeg went to the school where the incident took place to independently verify what happened, but that’s when the facts of the story started to shift. Students told CityNews no one was forced to wear rainbow poppies, and that students were suspended because of a poster they hung up around the school protesting rainbow poppies, which bordered on hate speech."

original tweet was from failed politico, drama queen looking for press, pretty much fake news all around, but that's social media

lack of corroborating evidence is telling

Reminded of:

Retired Maryland State Police Captain Jack McCauley speaking in the Maryland Senate for CCW reform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUaPDiW-GY

7. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Wendell

M1917 Enfield (11-10-2019), Relic49 (11-10-2019), Rory McCanuck (11-10-2019), srdiver (11-10-2019), stewbud (11-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    "CityNews Winnipeg went to the school where the incident took place to independently verify what happened, but that’s when the facts of the story started to shift. Students told CityNews no one was forced to wear rainbow poppies, and that students were suspended because of a poster they hung up around the school protesting rainbow poppies,which bordered on hate speech."
    ... and the Overton window is moved a little more

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by shortandlong View Post
    ... and the Overton window is moved a little more
    ...and slowly the leftist agenda is becoming the norm. Who decides what is considered 'hate speech'? Who decides what is bordering hate speech? Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and thermonuclear warfare. SJW's are useful idiots who are told by their masters to keep moving the goal posts and changing the rules as the game is in play. I am surprised that this school has any students who can read from the sounds of the faculty.

Do not screw around with the poppy was the message. If triggering a couple of snowflakes is what it takes to get the message out there there, so be it. Take the suspension with pride kids. If nothing else, Remembrance Day will not be forgotten in your town for years to come.

p.s. Buy a poppy (or more) and hand them out to those who are not wearing one.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By FALover

P-B. (11-11-2019), TheMerlin (11-12-2019), Tonsper (11-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    All the queers I know are good people, but they have the good sense to stay in the closet.
    Not really that hard to figure out.
    Can't use sexual orientation as a wedge or lever "to get stuff" if you shut up about it.

Never had the compulsion to dress zany, parade my bare ass around or get in everybody's face to tell them "I'm a heterosexual".
    Leave bedroom matters IN THE BEDROOM.

One of the few things old PET actually got right was "There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" and for that matter that exclusion should include the media or anyone else except the mutually agreeing participants in the sexual encounters.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

I'd go further and say "There's no place for the state in the lives of the nation's citizens" but, I have a very low opinion of government and naturally distrust authority!

I think I've just put myself on a list...
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!
    Rewarding 4 years of incompetence and corruption with 4 more years, says a lot about our electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    Not really that hard to figure out.
    Can't use sexual orientation as a wedge or lever "to get stuff" if you shut up about it.

Never had the compulsion to dress zany, parade my bare ass around or get in everybody's face to tell them "I'm a heterosexual".
    Leave bedroom matters IN THE BEDROOM.

One of the few things old PET actually got right was "There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" and for that matter that exclusion should include the media or anyone else except the mutually agreeing participants in the sexual encounters.
    Well it may have seemed that Pierre was meaning that seeing as his bride Maggy was a whore to the world.
    Member- NRA NFA CSSA CSC

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Reeferman

Gunrunner (11-13-2019), TheMerlin (11-12-2019)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast