Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One of them was an alleged first-hand account posted on Reddit about a chaotic Toronto polling station. The post said a voter handed their ballot to a clerk who opened it, looked at how they voted and smudged the X on their ballot.
    If that was true, the first issue would not be the pencil, but why this Election Canada worker looking at a ballot that is supposed to remain closed. If that happened a person should be getting witnesses and reporting it to the returning officer, not running to Reddit. This is a hoax.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By labradort

Doug_M (11-14-2019), Rory McCanuck (11-13-2019)

The Reddit story is pure unadulterated bullchit.
    I had the opportunity to be a scrutineer. My Liberal counterpart & I were at the count where ballot boxes were opened and ballots counted.
    Out of 20,000 votes, we had one that we agreed was spoiled. My wife was a scrutineer at another polling station, when all the votes were tallied, they were one ballot short so they spent 1 & 1/2 hrs recounting. They were able to determine someone had walked out with their actual ballot.

Iím confident the system we have now works.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

4. The Following User Liked This Post By GTW

Doug_M (11-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    The Reddit story is pure unadulterated bullchit.
    I had the opportunity to be a scrutineer. My Liberal counterpart & I were at the count where ballot boxes were opened and ballots counted.
    Out of 20,000 votes, we had one that we agreed was spoiled. My wife was a scrutineer at another polling station, when all the votes were tallied, they were one ballot short so they spent 1 & 1/2 hrs recounting. They were able to determine someone had walked out with their actual ballot.

I’m confident the system we have now works.
    I volunteered for witnessing the count of a ballot box many years ago. The guy in charge of the box was an retired former OPP officer. The count of ballots was off by one and we watched (could not help, no touch) as they recounted and recounted piles of ballots. Then the stubs were counted and they matched. He painstakingly went through the stubs until he found proof the printer had skipped a red ink printed number or had one jam in the press (e.g. the red printed number went from 3276 to 3278). So the total number of ballots was inaccurate because he was working from the red stamped ballot number. We left about 1 AM.

When you see the insanity that happens in other countries around elections and the electronic voting machine chaos and lines, our process and people diligent to be honor bound to the system is one of the things that makes me proud to be Canadian. This election there were some regions with problems around poll workers not showing up, which I expect is Millennials, but that is a rare flaw in how well it works.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By labradort

Doug_M (11-14-2019), Rory McCanuck (11-14-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12