Wheeler FAT Wrench in Carry On?

So, I can get the Wheeler torque wrench down here for $51 CAD. I never do a checked bag as it is to separate airlines home and they will not cooperate with each other and any other combo is a nightmare for a timeline.
    What do you think, would it get thru? Or should I leave the bits behind? Maybe Ill leave the bits behind if they pull me over? What do yall think? If it goes thru and anybody wants one at that price let me know...

What does it cost to mail it to yourself?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    This won't answer your question, but just a little factoid. When every any of us (field mechanics) have taken a tool bag on a flight out of Edmonton or Calgary, it's always been checked, and they ALWAYS send us for secondary inspection and have us check it in there. That's when flying on either First Air, or Summit (regional northern Canada airlines). Air Tindi out of Yellowknife didn't give a crap what I was carrying on that cargo flight I bummed a ride on a year ago. There was already 2 pallets of ammonium nitrate in there with us. What the hell am I going to have in a tool bag that's worse than 4000 lbs of explosives ? LOL.
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 11-09-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

4. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

joe6167 (11-09-2019)

They'll probably be pissed that you have a "Tool" in your carry-on. That said, I've had a set of digital calipers in my carry-on a few times with no issue. YMMV.
    Remember High River!

Unfortunately this is one item US amazon won't ship to Canada . Can you ship it to a forwarding address or a parcel pickup service? I bought a Wheeler torque wrench from US amazon a while back and shipped it to Point Roberts then had my folks pick it up for me when they were on their way back from a vacation on the mainland. Took 10 minutes of their time, and cost me about half as much as the Canadian site. I got an Arisaka scope leveler with it for about half as much as well.

Call the airlines and ask 'em. You'd best talk to Canada Customs too. They're going to want their cut.
    To, too, two. Three words with three meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    What does it cost to mail it to yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    Unfortunately this is one item US amazon won't ship to Canada . Can you ship it to a forwarding address or a parcel pickup service? I bought a Wheeler torque wrench from US amazon a while back and shipped it to Point Roberts then had my folks pick it up for me when they were on their way back from a vacation on the mainland. Took 10 minutes of their time, and cost me about half as much as the Canadian site. I got an Arisaka scope leveler with it for about half as much as well.
    Seems to be a USPS theme here...

He has it in hand, so no need to ship from amazon, he can ship from himself to himself if he wanted.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...tcanibring/all
    Screwdriver (longer than 7 inches)

Carry On Bags: No
    Checked Bags: Yes
    Tools longer than 7 inches (measured from end to end when assembled) are prohibited in carry-on baggage; these items must be packed in your checked baggage.

Screwdrivers (shorter than 7 inches)

Carry On Bags: Yes
    Checked Bags: Yes
    Tools 7 inches or shorter (measured from end to end when assembled) are allowed in carry-on baggage.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori